Logo Review

stardom

Reaction score
please tell me what you think of this logo. Im not very good with doing them, but as you can see i can do some things.

logo.png

Attachments

• logo..png
    logo..png
    209.1 KB · Views: 16

mattblog

Reaction score
Nice graphics, i might do some game design might make you an offer for some original artwork =)

stardom

Reaction score
Yea I am wanting to get into graphix some more. Just let me know, I might make a site to showcase my work if I start getting lots of work done. :D

KryptosV2

Reaction score
Sorry but unless you did the majority of content in that image (the background, the font and the stock) you can't call it your own work. The best you can call it is derivative work, but you won't legally be allowed to put in into a resume under "My Own Work."

Just thought I should warn you in case you were planning to resell them or call them your own, etc.

theteenproject26

Reaction score
That it very good, a high standard infact. Can I ask where you got the graphical image of the man?

stardom

Reaction score
well the photo you see was made for personal use. So Ive not done anything wrong. Yes I know I can't resell them or call them my own because Ive basically just edited other works.

Sad thing is, there are so many pictures on the internet, how are we supposed to know we can and cant use a picture for commercial use. other then, I made the picture myself.

I found him on google search for mafia images.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Sad thing is, there are so many pictures on the internet, how are we supposed to know we can and cant use a picture for commercial use. other then, I made the picture myself.
Basically, if you find it through Google images you most likely have absolutely no rights to redistribute. Some image hosting sites will have licenses for the images e.g. You may redistribute the image or derivatives as long as correct acknowledgments are given, whilst others will allow free use of images. Basically, you need to look at every image you use as it may be copyrighted.
Also, you state that you are only using this image personally, but it looks to me like you have published it on your website: http://www.warcrew.co.cc/login.php which counts as redistribution of a derivative work. By not stating an acknowledgment to the original author with your hosted image, you have effectively stated that you are calling it your own, which could be seen as a breach of copyright, depending on how the original author has said the image can be used.

Edit: Looks like it comes from this site, although it is difficult to be 100% sure.

Last edited:

stardom

Reaction score
considering ive found this exact image on 5 other sites... couldnt i just throw this up...

All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.? I didnt sell the images i used, i havent made any money from it.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Still technically counts as redistribution even if you didn't make any money, just like redistribution of music on Limewire etc is still copyright infringement even though the people doing it are not making any money.
However, if this image is a free stock image then you should be ok to use it, just be prepared to remove it if the original owner contacts you. If your site gets big though you should consider creating some completely individual graphics.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as it's not for commercial work or purposes, it really doesn't matter.

This just loops back around to pirated music/software. If you don't use it to make money, they have no case against you.

If your website has a payment system or a donation or something, I also think you're fine, because you're not distributing the work, and technically you're not violating DMCA, because the edited (remixed) work isn't being sold, and is available without paying..

I'd quote DMCA but I can't find this quarter's version.

EDIT: To go with what lemon-tree said about being contacted by the original artist:

Under DMCA and the US Copyright Law, if the owner files a Cease and Desist without notifying you or asking you to take down said work, you can countersue because of the subsection of the DMCA about "Failure to Notify"

Last edited:

KryptosV2

Reaction score
As long as it's not for commercial work or purposes, it really doesn't matter.

This just loops back around to pirated music/software. If you don't use it to make money, they have no case against you.

If your website has a payment system or a donation or something, I also think you're fine, because you're not distributing the work, and technically you're not violating DMCA, because the edited (remixed) work isn't being sold, and is available without paying..

I'd quote DMCA but I can't find this quarter's version.

EDIT: To go with what lemon-tree said about being contacted by the original artist:

Under DMCA and the US Copyright Law, if the owner files a Cease and Desist without notifying you or asking you to take down said work, you can countersue because of the subsection of the DMCA about "Failure to Notify"

I don't know where you go your 2 hour diploma in copyright law but most of what you said is false. As already said multiple times he's redistributed that work without so much as a request for a license. If this came from, say, Mafia Boss, they could sue him for copyright infringement because clearly it is aimed at being commercial and it's being used in their direct area of business (Mafia browser-based MMORPG). There's a myriad of things wrong with taking this image and using it commercially, starting with redistribution without a license, misrepresentation, false attribution, conflict of interest, and so on.

Good try attempting to spark a debate, though.

Proof it's conflict of interest.

debfree10

Reaction score
Your logo seems good but the fact is that has got a bit overshadowed by other elements. just give it some space and it will definitely spice up your logo. The style and the concept is good though.