Lost MySQL Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadai

Reaction score
Hello there, lets see if you can help me.

Since some days ago I has been awaiting the restoration of the databases, none the less i have not seen it on my account.

I have read that to get them restored, you need to "recreate" them, alongside with the users, so, I did that for a SMF database I used to had.

But, here is where the problem begins. The database appears on the cpanel to have 0.0 MB, and when I try to load it through the SMF forum software, it shows me an error related to the missing information on it.

I have then tried to delete the database and remake it, even trying to re-install manually the SMF software again to see if I was even able to have the software running, but the installation failed and rendered the forum with 0 users and no admin at all. (I then tried to install the software again via fantastico, but that option is missing from the cpanel)

None the less, I have seen that you guys have the databases somewhere stored, is that why I do ask: Even for what I have done, It is possible to recover my database?

I say this while I have a database created with the name kadai_smf1 (the same name of the database I do want to recover, but that actually has 0.0 MB size).

What I need to do or expect?
I say this specially because the SMF software is kinda closely tied to my website, and I would like it to have it running like it had with the fantastico installer .

I hope to have been enough clear.
Thank you.

PD: I'm on Stoli.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I did find two databases with your name tag on them, _smf1 and _smf2.

I can restore them to your account, in order to do that is it ok to delete the one you created when re-installing the forum?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I have restored the databases, you will most likely need to re-assign database users to them via your cPanel. If you need help with this please re-open this thread.

If further assistance is required please re-open this thread or create a new one. You can re-open this thread by clicking on the "Administrative" text at the top of the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.