Lost Sql databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

casnet

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone help. I seem to have lost my sql databases. I dont want to lose my joomla site.

Kevin
Edit:
Never mind guys, just got message that SQL is being upgraded

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hopefully your databases will be there when the upgrade is finished, just incase they aren't let us know, in addition, this is why it's best to do backups...

Jesse

Reaction score
Corey and maybe Bryon are currently moving all the mysql databases to the new server of stoli. They will announce as soon as the server is back. If after the server is fixed and your sql database still not working, pm me and i will tell it to GamingX so he could check on it. I expect that many errors will happen after the server is moved. hehe :)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Jesse, mind me asking not to repeat exactly what i have said? It seems you are trying to obtain more posts, i believe this could result in an infraction.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
how long do you guys thing it will take to move the database bc mines not on my server ? its only phpbb and wordpress.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It might take a few days to get it running perfectly.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
wtf ? you mean the database wont be on my server until after a few days ? this sucks. but can we jus make a new database or do we need to wait ?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, if you were on the stoli server, the MySQL databases were all being migrated to there own server computer, and then our SQL requests would be forwarded to that computer, this process of setting up the MySQL on another server may take a few days to be FULLY functional, but may be working on and off over the next few days.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
The databases are being transferred. Corey is responsible for it and don't worry your databases won't be lost.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
thats what i was worried bc i have almost tons of mods for phpbb being installed and im worried that i have to start from scratch bc it could be damaged from the move.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
thats what i was worried bc i have almost tons of mods for phpbb being installed and im worried that i have to start from scratch bc it could be damaged from the move.

This is why you should create backups daily.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
how do i setup an auto backup for my forum and wordpress?
Edit:
nvm ill prob jus redo everything since it wont be easy.

Last edited:

cooljais

Reaction score
can u provide us with a backup of our databases, so that if anyhting goes wrong we can import it back into the new database.

blackpsycho

Reaction score
well now that would be silly... if its taking him a couple days to move everything, sending everyone a backup of their database would take days. not to mention he would have to make sure he sent the right person the right backup. x10 is not responsible for your backups..
heres a link to the tos.. http://x10hosting.com/termsofservice number 8 states that x10 is not responsible for lost data.
they warned you they were moving stuff.. you shoulda backed it up! i backup everything once a week and every time i make changes. that way if i lose something i have it right here on my computer!

cooljais

Reaction score
i made a backup but the databases weren't backed up in that, although i had made a complete backup. that's why i was asking if someone could send me the backup of the database. Also i had a lot of stuff on it.
I was asking for it only if its possible, otherwise i'll just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.