Mac or PC

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have to say PC and to put it short: there is more software, more options, more games and more viruses! With Macs, everything is restricted and designed in such a way, that other than graphic design, I could not use one. I think that with a PC, with Windows or Linux, you can serve any purpose that a mac can with the same or better results, while a mac can only compete in the narrow range of graphic design. PC IS LAW!

I agree. I think that the ONLY thing that macs are better at than windows and linux is graphics. And even then, that is questionable...:lol:

Max1337

Reaction score
PC is my choice (Since I mostly play games, and run some "Windows Only Programs", I also test software... since I am a Network Administrator)...
But if I didnt play games, and my job didnt require Windows, then I'd probably go with Linux.
Although, I have convinced my workplace to switch to Linux lol.
They are actually starting to, slowly though lol.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Although, I have convinced my workplace to switch to Linux lol.
They are actually starting to, slowly though lol.

You did? Really? Wow! Cool!

alv4

Reaction score
MAC
is sooo expensive, Windows also but you find many Serials in internet (LOL),
the problem with linux is that the programs no works in this OP :l
I choose Windows

hamsn

Reaction score
Obviously PC for its flexibility and cheap hardware

darkuredi

Reaction score
well, you shouldn't expect a buggy os to run games that used to work on xp and 98. i run xp pro sp3 and have no probs w/ games. my brother has vista and can't even run ms office 07 w/out problems.
Just proves that windows is inadequate, why release a buggy operating system?

JXVForums

Reaction score
I would say Mac is better because of its lower requirements and the amount of speed and support it has. It is faster than any windows operating system I have ever seen, and when a computer is that expensive, you have to think why is it that expensive.

leith

Reaction score
I like Macs for its aesthetic interface, but I prefer PCs because I am one of those person who has to take things a part and rebuild it before using it.

Cymro

Reaction score
I use a PC with both XP and Ubuntu linux on it. Between the two OSes I have speed (linux), security (linux), a shiny interface (compiz on linux), loads of software (windows), and a large degree of customizability (the PC in general). I also work as a technician, so I can get new hardware at trade prices :pigeon:

Last edited:

cashagany

Reaction score
I prefer Pc because macs just don't have enough games that are actually compatible with them. Anyway they are way overpriced in my opinion because you could get a laptop with the same specs for more than half the price!

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I would have said Mac, but the only problem with it that makes PC way better is the compatability of MANY programs. Sorry, Mac, but that messes up your buyers choices...

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the latest Mac OS X Leopard is built upon linux? I heard that somehwere, but I don't really believe it. Anyone else heard this?

BentFX

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the latest Mac OS X Leopard is built upon linux? I heard that somehwere, but I don't really believe it. Anyone else heard this?
I'm not sure... But I understand it is Linux like. I believe there would be license issues if it was built from Linux and sold commercially. There are too many separate gnu projects that intertwine in a Linux system.

As I understand it... It's just very similar.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure... But I understand it is Linux like. I believe there would be license issues if it was built from Linux and sold commercially. There are too many separate gnu projects that intertwine in a Linux system.

As I understand it... It's just very similar.

Yea, I thought they would get in trouble for trying to sell linux. My theory is that it is just built on Unix like Linux but it doesn't actually have the linux kernel.

Cymro

Reaction score
Mac OS is a unix like OS, so it and linux are cousins in a way ;)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PC for compability, Linux for testing, mac for the style.

As I want compability, I run PC, but it can happen that I dualboot linux.

dmaksimov

Reaction score
i prefer pc, even though i haven't tried mac as much, i think that there is way more software and stuff. But one thing i like about mac is there style.