Macintosh, Windows, Linux

Mac, Windows, Linux

• Total voters

shadowdude1794

Reaction score
I know that there was a previous thread about just PC vs Linux, but Macs are becoming (unfortunately) a viable option

Last edited:

jermaine

Reaction score
I like windows and macs do look good.
I never really tried linux. Except for a live distribution CD of Ubunto and I was not impressed

bigmanbfa2

Reaction score
I am currently on a machine that dual-boots my WinXPpro and also KUbuntu. Both great OS's. Haven't really got into Vista's GUI yet, maybe I shall change over sometime. I have never and probably never will get into the MacOS.

Sohail

Reaction score
Mac for life!!! :) Windows ista takes up way too much RAM. :mad:

Momiji

Reaction score
I would have to go with Mac. Even though I only have Windows Vista I really want a Mac. Windows is starting to suck.

JustBringIt

Reaction score
Right now i dual boot Vista and mandriva Linux 2008. Macs look pretty but i need windows becuase i play games that just wont work on a Mac.

jivzone

Reaction score
i use win xp nd neva used others

i want a macbook pro. it comes with boot camp so if i get one i would also have xp nd ubuntu.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I like windows and macs do look good.
I never really tried linux. Except for a live distribution CD of Ubunto and I was not impressed
You might want to give it another try. I think you'll be very impressed with Ubuntu 7.10. The Live CD isn't the best way to experience it, though, since everything has to be loaded into RAM which makes it slow. Install it to a separate partition or hard drive and use it for a while.

NSChan

Reaction score
I Reacently upgraded to Ubuntu 'Gutsy Gibbon' all is cool and i prefer it to Windows in may ways, the multiple desktops and other features make it one of the best OS's i have ever used
But im having trouble getting my soundcard working. if anyone is exprienced in Ubuntu and linux can they PM me please, credits will be given for sucsessful solution

excid3

Reaction score
M$ got two options? How come every large distro of linux didnt get its own option? Linux for the win! If it wasnt for such a large windows userbase we would rule the world by now.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I Reacently upgraded to Ubuntu 'Gutsy Gibbon' all is cool and i prefer it to Windows in may ways, the multiple desktops and other features make it one of the best OS's i have ever used
But im having trouble getting my soundcard working. if anyone is exprienced in Ubuntu and linux can they PM me please, credits will be given for sucsessful solution
You'll have more chance of finding a solution by asking at http://ubuntuforums.org/.

Last edited:

excid3

Reaction score

Just install the newest version of alsa, usually fixes problems people are having. Check the forums or google a howto for installing alsa.

MistaC87

Reaction score
I personally prefer Linux over anything, but right now, the support for some of the programs I wish to run aren't completely developed, like WoW under wine, Half-Life, etc.

I hear people get them working flawlessly, but that's because they are experts at doing Linux stuff. I'm intermediate at best.

Archkronos

Reaction score
Linux and XP. Mac's are a viable alternative, but the fanboyism by the majority of Mac users is what puts me off, not to mention Apple's hyprocritcal advertisments. Like when they said that Mac's dont get errors? Impossible. 3rd party applications exist for the Mac that can cause errors.

Damn it, go Linux and use Mac4Lin.

NSChan

Reaction score
Just install the newest version of alsa, usually fixes problems people are having. Check the forums or google a howto for installing alsa.

Updated ALSA and all is working :biggrin:

+ rep and 50Cr Donation