Macintosh, Windows, Linux

Mac, Windows, Linux

• Total voters

cointoss

Reaction score
Well, I voted for XP because I really haven't tried any of the other ones on the list. To be honest, I wouldn't mind trying a Mac just to see what it's like. I've never even see one other than on the tele.

I would also really like to try Linux since they have free builds, but I've never used it before. I've heard its sometimes hard to find the drivers you need and things like that... But I'm sure I will eventually try Linux because Microsoft has let me down. The software costs too much and they are so worried about someone ripping them off, it has become increasingly difficult to use. Why would you require your software to be activated within 30 days and place a limit of 2 activations or else you have to purchase a new registration code. I mean, this might work for some companies, but is it really fair to put the restraint on a program that is so prone to crashing and virus attacks? Does anyone else feel my pain. lol. I have to reinstall my operating system EVERY 30 days because I've already used both of my activations, and I REFUSE to pay again for something I have already purchased.

fireball87

Reaction score
My next computer will be a mac, triboot with a streamlined xp install and a distro of linux i'll decide on at a future date.

iLoveMacs

Reaction score
Mac OS X and Windows Xp....running on my Mac :). I am done searching for OSes, and I have found the perfect combination that suits me.

Mac OS X for computing, and Windows XP running inside Parallels for work.

Ra!d5

Reaction score
Why does there have to be a best OS? I don't understand why people spend hours arguing over which OS is superior. In other words, I love them allllllllllll. :biggrin:

Mindbleed

Reaction score
I don't really care if macs are a "viable" option really. It is just making computers so simple that if enough people switch over to mac, computer developers would eventually become so computer illiterate that they stopped making new stuff.

I just think that Macs are idiot oriented (even look at their commercials) that I would never degrade myself into getting one.

But on the other hand, Windows just sux, but it is the most "viable" thing for me to use.

evansmaster

Reaction score
I'm currently using Ubuntu Linux and it is really good. I'm planning to dual boot my PC soon... Ubuntu and Vista!

timw4mail

Reaction score
I really don't like that Macs are always criticized for being 'too easy.' Macs are just as powerful as Windows and Linux, and most of that power is hidden in the command line, just like Windows and Linux. In fact, Linux users would be a lot more familiar with the Mac terminal, because it is a UNIX terminal.

Idiot-oriented by foot.

doeycall

Reaction score
Although I didn't vote for Vista, I do use it on my laptop (although not by choice, XP isn't supporting some of the drivers for my laptop). If I had my choice, I'd be running Windows XP Pro computers & laptops, a SuSe Enterprise Server for my webserver, irc server, & email server, and a few mac's around for graphics design and something to use when my XP machines become infected with viruses.

Dan

Reaction score
I have Vista running at the moment - I'm going to try and partition the hard disk to put Ubuntu on as well.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
Windows for most gaming and Linux for all of my server-side work. Planning on getting a Mac Book Pro for parallels using all 4 :p

Jesse

Reaction score
I Prefer to use Windows Vista, had no problems with it. I never used linux yet and even MAC OS.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows XP for stability and compatibility, Vista for gaming (especially with DX10 :D), Linux because it's free (most of the time) and can do loads of things with some work needed, and Macs because there's less viruses out for them and for game development (Mac Pro anyone?).

Xemnas

Reaction score
Windows XP, I've never had any problems with it (except it is a bit slow once your hard drive starts to fill up), and I don't have to worry about compatibility issues because basically everything supports it (except DirectX 10, of course).

Lancer

Reaction score
Vista, because it's a gaming platform atm, DX10 for the win baby.

Linux for hosting solutions.

longley

Reaction score
Windows xp, Windows 98, MAC OS X 10.4.16 all tri boot on a PC....Find someone else with that setup..I love it!

Last edited:

coolv1994

Reaction score
i use windows vista and i like the apple computers they look cool but mac SUCKS and ive never tried lunix

demiselegion

Reaction score
I do programming, so linux is a good option for me. It also looks good, and is customizable. Windows is the most popular OS out there, so it has many apps that won't work on linux. I prefer Linux over WIndows, but Windows has WoW....