Magento Error

d2agency

Reaction score
I installed Magento in my website: d2agency.x10.mx

Newer versions were not installing because of insufficient space. Can I have a disk upgrade to 1.5 GB or more?

I tried installing old version of less space, which shows 503 Error.

What can be done to use Magento?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Not all scripts will work properly with free hosting due to its limitations. Unfortunately we can not test them all beforehand. Due to the requirements of Magento it has now been removed from Softaculous app installer as well.

Does the older version require an older version of PHP? If so you can change that under "Extra Features" -> "Select PHP Version".

We can only provide limited support for third party scripts. By looking in error log you may be able to find clues as to what could cause it, you can find these under "System Info & Files" -> "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs".

Increase in space will only occur once 75 % of the allotted is used, with the account in good standing towards ToS as well.

d2agency

Reaction score
Not all scripts will work properly with free hosting due to its limitations. Unfortunately we can not test them all beforehand. Due to the requirements of Magento it has now been removed from Softaculous app installer as well.

Does the older version require an older version of PHP? If so you can change that under "Extra Features" -> "Select PHP Version".

We can only provide limited support for third party scripts. By looking in error log you may be able to find clues as to what could cause it, you can find these under "System Info & Files" -> "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs".

Increase in space will only occur once 75 % of the allotted is used, with the account in good standing towards ToS as well.

Thanks for the reply.
I have found out the problem:
Magento requires more then 50,000 inodes while I have a limit of 50,000.

Is that limited in free hosting? I understand that Magento is very complex as compared to WooCommerce, OpenCart, PrestaShop etc

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have found out the problem:
Magento requires more then 50,000 inodes while I have a limit of 50,000.

Is that limited in free hosting? I understand that Magento is very complex as compared to WooCommerce, OpenCart, PrestaShop etc
That is indeed a limitation of free hosting.

Our premium hosting offers a significantly higher Inode limit (and if needed there are plans that can expand on that as well), premium hosting is an affordable option.

Rimsha

Reaction score
To resolve the issues with Magento installation on your website, follow these steps:

1. Disk Space Upgrade: Contact your hosting provider to request a disk space upgrade of at least 1.5 GB or more.
  2. 503 Error with Old Version: Clear cache, restart the server, and ensure your server meets the minimum requirements for the Magento version you're installing. Check server logs for specific error messages. Consider using a different Magento version if the problem persists.

jaygreentree

Reaction score
Magento requires a ton of server resources. It wont work on free hosting tier. You would need at least x10Premium or X10 VPS plans

ibtisam

Reaction score
I assume you are using magento for e-commerce store purpose. And if so, I would recommend you to go for managed magento hosting. As your store would be for monetary purpose and being built on magento would require more space than the free plan, so its best to opt for a hosting that would be beneficial for you and your store. Choosing a managed magento hosting would keep your data secure. As maintenance, security and backups would all be done by your service provider, giving you time to focus more on your store. Apart from these, the performance and optimization of your store would also be enhanced and if any issue occurs, their customer support team is available 24/7.