Mail Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They seem to be neverending... for some reason a bunch of accounts are missing their MX records which would cause issues with incoming Email. We're currently working with cPanel to find a solution to this... hopefully something automated. As far as I can tell the complaints started coming in after our downgrade back to cPanel 11.24. I will update this post as we get more information about this.

We are also installing the same incoming mail scanning solution that we use on our premium servers... Stoli was the first to have this done, the rest of the servers will have it installed by the end of the week. This will replace "ASSP" and give you, the end user more control over the spam settings on your account. This is also the software we use on our personal @x10 addresses and I rarely get any spam :).

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... the solution they gave me right now is not possible. They gave me two files, one has 180,000 lines the other 30,000 lines and want me to compare them to see which domains having missing MX and add them myself.

If you are unable to receive mail please post in this thread with your domain. If you need your MX entry added\changed also post it in this thread. All other posts besides this will be deleted.

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Hello Corey !
My Domain name is www.theamazingeffects.com. Not able to receive any mails. Have tried changing mx records for google apps. but it always comes up with "there is a problem in mx entries"
Only Visitors are able to receive confirmation mails (auto responder) but nothing in my inbox !

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know you said that all other post will be deleted but I don't want to bother you with PM.

If it's a question of comparing two files and adding MX I think I'll be able to make a piece of software to do that for you. I'm a skilled Delphi programmer so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Please PM me if you are interested.

I would do it for the community, of course :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you said that all other post will be deleted but I don't want to bother you with PM.

If it's a question of comparing two files and adding MX I think I'll be able to make a piece of software to do that for you. I'm a skilled Delphi programmer so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Please PM me if you are interested.

I would do it for the community, of course :)

I'm going to PM you some info.

lucia1

Reaction score
Okay... the solution they gave me right now is not possible. They gave me two files, one has 180,000 lines the other 30,000 lines and want me to compare them to see which domains having missing MX and add them myself.

If you are unable to receive mail please post in this thread with your domain. If you need your MX entry added\changed also post it in this thread. All other posts besides this will be deleted.

Hello everyone:

I am having a minor problem with my mail account , ventana.x10hosting.com. I configured Outlook 2007 to send and receive mail from the server. I am able to send mail from Outlook, but it will not retrieve any mail from the server. I get the error: Log onto incoming mail server (POP3); Cannot find the server inormation in your account properties.

I verified the server information in my account properties.I know that the mail is outgoing because I ran a test within Outlook to see if mail is moving in and out. Also, I am receiving Yahoo mail and Google mail. Here are my settings:

Account: Currently POP3, but I got the same problem when I first set up using Imap to setup the account.
mail server (POP3): Cannot find the e-mail server.

Incoming mail server: LSN-D1651.limestonenetworks.comOutgoing mail server (SMTP) using SSL.
checked Require logon using secure password authentication. User Name and password are fine because I can send mail.

(Checked) My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication and (checked) log onto incoming mail server before sending mail
Incoming Server Port 995 (This server requires SSL selected)
Outgoing Server Port 465 (SSL encryption selected.)

Thanks for any help someone may provide.

Luther

arlenemc

Reaction score
i am ABLE to send and receive emails through my domain which is hosted on x10.
i would like to use google apps, but i am not able to change my MX entries.
my domain name is www.creativeprints.com.ph.

markhere

Reaction score
Unable to receive mail last mail received Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:15:10 -0600
Have sent test mail to account not received.
anniedays.x10hosting.com
Stoli

Thanks

Seems to working now. Thanks

Last edited:

damoczes4

Reaction score
I am unable to receive or send emails. Was working fine until last night. My domain in steven-campbell.com.

Thanks

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
FYI, I am also unable to change my MX records (account mrdos on Starka). I don't need them changed, though, so this is more just a heads-up.

--- Mr. DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.