main domain and park domain what happens if

archoggrace83

Reaction score
hi,

Question 1:
i have change my domain name "mpsped.x10.bz" into "mpsped-bontoc.com" successfully by changing the main domain. which means i lost my old domain, my question is that what happens if my new domain expires. Will my site be lost? can i still access my site and my x10hosting account?

Question 2:
i have read about parked domains, seems good coz i get to keep my old domain, the question is it raises scripting problems. My question is can i just redo the process and not use the new domain so the issue would be gone in case it does happen?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If your domain expires you will not be able to access the site unless you change to another domain in your account panel. The account itself would be fine though.

Yes, you can change the domain in account panel and set your .com as parked domain instead, that way you will always have one domain that works for your account even if the .com expires.

Many scripts does have a configured domain in their settings, which is often also used as cookie domain. In that case if the domain configured stops working logging in could be failing, but this can be corrected by editing the database (or better yet, change the configuration before the domain expires if you know you will not be renewing it).

archoggrace83

Reaction score
can i just use my parked domain as my main domain in the future? if for some reason i am not satisfied with parking my domain, can i just remove it on the parked domains and make it my main domain?

sorry my first time to do this stuffs

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can remove it from parked and set it as your main domain if you would prefer that at a later point.

archoggrace83

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help, just parked my new domain name and checked my site, so far everything working fine. If you want you can check it maybe you can help me with the code and SEO, i love constructive criticisms from people. site: archogshotel.com

thanks thanks