mainboard suggestion

radofeya

Reaction score
My mainboard is burn due to the faulty of the power supply. I'm now looking for best the MB at the low price range.

Any suggestion?

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
Well, is the processor still intact?

If so, what is it? You can't just buy any motherboard.

Also, I hope you are talking about a desktop, because for a laptop you might as well buy a new one.

Just a little more information would help.

vol7ron

Reaction score
Well, is the processor still intact?

If so, what is it? You can't just buy any motherboard.

Also, I hope you are talking about a desktop, because for a laptop you might as well buy a new one.

Just a little more information would help.

agreed

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're looking for a new motherboard, Intel and MSI make some cheap ones you can look into. For your hardware, you need to know some things such as the CPU Socket Type, IDE/SATA support and drives, and what other slots such as AGP, PCI, or PCI-E slots that your system needs.

adamlinux

Reaction score
I bought a PC Chips board a wile back for dirt cheap and I really like how good it was for the price. It will support up to like 8 gigs of ram and is 64 bit compatible.

Ainokea

Reaction score
First off know what processor you have and socket...
Decide if your going to buy new ram or not, if you aren't check the speed and find a motherboard compatible...

if you aren't look at new ram speeds like DDR2, chipsets...

Btw if you have an old AMD with socket 939 they no longer make moabs for it. You would need a new processor.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
First off know what processor you have and socket...
Decide if your going to buy new ram or not, if you aren't check the speed and find a motherboard compatible...

if you aren't look at new ram speeds like DDR2, chipsets...

Btw if you have an old AMD with socket 939 they no longer make moabs for it. You would need a new processor.

You can actually find refurbs sitting around online. I've had to buy a refurbished motherboard for a computer I repaired over the summer for someone. They couldn't he happier to see that their computer is still good. They stopped making the motherboard for his Dell computer a while ago anyways.

But yeah, if you have an old CPU with a socket not even supported anymore, it's safe to say it's time to rebuild and update your machine a little bit.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
My mainboard is burn due to the faulty of the power supply. I'm now looking for best the MB at the low price range.

Any suggestion?

If you gave us some more information I'm sure one of us could help. :)