Man am I having problems today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying to install XMB forums on my site but I get this error of:
Database connection
XMB could not locate the /db/DB_TYPE.php file, you have configured xmb to use this database-type. For it to work you will need to upload the file, or change the config.php file to reflect a different choice.

This file has NEVER FREAKING EXISTED!! So how do I change it so it works, I don't think I know enough php to go re config some config file so can some please help me... again

moose

Reaction score
All I can recomend is deleting the MySQL database and users that you used for the forum, deleting the files, re uploading and try installing again. I know it's a pain to upload like.. 3MB of 23464567 files, but maybe it'll work before your next reply :)

Colin

Reaction score
its a good idea and all but with my blue screen of death it would take me another 3 hours to upload all the files again

moose

Reaction score
Oh yeah, damn I totally forgot that you still had that, sorry.

In that case, you may have to have someone else reupload it, or wait for someone like bryon :/

Colin

Reaction score
Ok so I fixed that problem but guess what I have a new one luck me. now I get
Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'DB_HOST' (1) in /backup/home/hyper89/public_html/forums/install/index.php on line 1025
ERROR

Database Connection
XMB could not connect to the specified database. The database returned "error 2005: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'DB_HOST' (1)

EDIT:: I have been told this is a host error so ya....

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
umm i can ethier install it for you for points for i can ask my friend to install it for you

flapietoetoe

Reaction score
The script thinks the database server is DB_HOST , change that to localhost in the config....
Ill fix it for free If u want

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
somethings wrong with its global configuration, its not defineing some of the important variables needed. you didnt delete any files or change any did you?

Colin

Reaction score
right this is so old, but I fixed it along time ago.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
k, good to know, :) didnt even think of looking at the other post time.. oh well but if its fixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.