Mark as resolved

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In the free hosting section, wouldn't it be good if special groups (those who usually help there), could mark topics as resolved when it is answered. Are the topic maker able to mark it as resolved after it is (never had a chance to test if it is that way)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
In the free hosting section, wouldn't it be good if special groups (those who usually help there), could mark topics as resolved when it is answered. Are the topic maker able to mark it as resolved after it is (never had a chance to test if it is that way)

I'm pretty sure there was a way to lock your own topic in the past, but it seems like that feature was disabled a while ago; the last time I tried locking my own thread, it wouldn't let me.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is a great idea. It should reduce spam posts too, like when people find old answered topics and say "Yeah, that should work."

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a great idea. It should reduce spam posts too, like when people find old answered topics and say "Yeah, that should work."

Although it seems a bunch of the older ones are already locked up anyways; dunno what locks them, but my guess is it's based on time since last reply, so the idea's still good, but they can only go back so far to find one to bump anyways :)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This may be something implemented whenever Corey (or whoever is working on it) integrates the Support System.

dudecat

Reaction score
I thought if you got answers to your thread and resolved the problem you should post and close your thread after your last post? There should be a way in the database to track users open threads and if you hit a limit give them a message to clean up their threads the next time they log onto the forums. Just a thought.

I guess that still doesn't mark it with an icon as resolved, you would have to read the last post but it would stop others from spamming.
Oops just closed one of my threads and got a forum database error - maybe shouldn't close threads right now.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Although it seems a bunch of the older ones are already locked up anyways; dunno what locks them, but my guess is it's based on time since last reply, so the idea's still good, but they can only go back so far to find one to bump anyways :)

On the old threads I think it was the AMs who closed them manually when they were resolved. That's how I remember it xD