Max file upload size restriction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_C

Reaction score
May I ask what it is? The only reason I ask is because I have tried to upload a file the size of 18 MB or so (a carset for a game I play) using GoFTP and the transfer stopped and restarted. If there is a limit can it be changed? I also needed to upload another carset that is a little over 30 mb I believe. If not I'll just do with what I've got.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, it could be possible that stoli's disk may be full, i will have someone check into this.

Rob_C

Reaction score
Ok, thank you. Also an "access denied" message has popped up in my admin area of phpnuke and was wondering if that had anything to do with the update? I have not touched any files on my site and it just started out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
What FTP client are you using ?
Make sure you disable the "Multiple connections" feature that's enabled on some clients (ex: FileZilla), as this will cause the server firewall block your IP Address.

Rob_C

Reaction score
FTP client is called "GoFTP", I have it setup to only use 1 connection while transferring files. I dont see a setting for mutiple connections besides the "number of connections to use while transferring files" option. Im currently uploading it again to see what happens.

Edit :
Ok heres the deal im on a 768k dsl line with 128k upload. I can only get about 16k upload speed. It seems this client attempts a login every 15 minutes. It has already done this twice but the upload keeps going. So im thinking this could be on my end or the ftp client fails the login somehwere between attempts. So far so good a 40 mb file at 80%.

Edit 2: Upload finished this time. Downloaded file and extracted and it worked fine so that issue is resolved. Does anyone have an answer for reply #3?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.