Maximum PHP file upload size is too small

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordikte

Reaction score
I have installed a fresh copy of Joomla 3 and I'm trying to install Hikashop in the extension manager. When trying to install using the install from directory or install from URL options, it gives me error 0 invalid handler. When installing from my PC, I get this when uploading:

Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).

Unable to find install package

I looked in the zip file and it does have the install package (install.hikashop.php). What can I do to get this installed?

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps ...

Install via FTP
If you have difficulties to install HikaShop, you may want to try to install it via FTP.
This way, Joomla won't have to upload the HikaShop package on your website so the installation will be much faster.

• Extract your HikaShop package in a folder called "hikashop" on your own computer.
  • Open your FTP software (FileZilla for example), connect to your website and upload the folder "hikashop" in the temporary folder of your website : /tmp/
  • Go to your Joomla Installer manager on your website backend and specify the path of your folder in the input "Install from Directory" : "\home\...\tmp\hikashop".
  • Click on the button "Install"... the install process should be much faster and will enable you to successfully install HikaShop

Source

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi nordikte,

I have changed post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 16MB on your server, as it appears it had not been fully configured on our new server, xo6. What @AngusThermopyle said still applies though; uploading larger files is better suited to FTP rather than through the web. :)

Thank you,

nordikte

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I will install FileZilla and use that for uploading files.

Status
Not open for further replies.