May I have two accounts on x10Hosting (With Two Different Emails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

interne3

Reaction score
May I have two accounts on x10Hosting (With Two Different Emails)? Cause I want to start another website about only Technology.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Each individual is only allowed one free hosting account, see ToS in the section about server usage.

However, by the use of addon domains you can host a separate site under the same account, you would need to acquire a domain from a third party though for that.

interne3

Reaction score
Yes, but I have a 2 MySQL database limit. My two are already taken up by a support ticket site for my forum and the main forum. My other forum obviously requires another MySQL database and that's impossible

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Most forum software (among other scripts) supports "table prefixes," which are designed to allow multiple scripts to utilize the same MySQL database; on my local testing environment, I have WordPress, PHPBB3, MyBB, Joomla, and Drupal all using the same database with no issues. If you're installing through Softaculous and aren't able to set the table prefixes, then I'd recommend hand-installing the software - it also gives you more flexibility with regards to patches, as you don't have to wait for Softaculous to update to have the new version.

interne3

Reaction score
@Livewire That's not my situation. I need to install Vanilla and another copy of Vanilla In the same database. That'd be a hard task and plus, note that Vanilla doesn't let you choose your table prefix. So, if I have 2 copies of Vanilla in one database, they'd both be GDN_ and that'd be a disaster

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately if the software doesn't fully support table prefixes, you're going to have to check with the script developers on how best to handle it, as we only allow each user to have one account, and can't increase the number of MySQL databases. We're not able to test and debug every possible script out there, so I'd check with the devs of said software as to how to proceed further at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.