McCAIN Vs. Obama

Who will be the next american president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebus

Reaction score
A Canadian perspective:

McCain is going to win... sorry all you dreamers out there.

Americans are very conservative and American conservatives believe in top-down leadership. A change at the top, is a change of administration. All Republicans, even Republicans who are unhappy with Bush Jr, will still vote McCain. Democrats who are unhappy with Obama (and may have been happier with Clinton II) will also vote McCain. Thus is the nature of a two party system.

There has been a Republican president for 20 of the last 28 years, so another Republican president should not be a shock to anybody. Those other 8 years were Bill Clinton. IMHO it was a mistake to pick Obama over Clinton as the democratic nominee.

Obama did give Americans a chance to make history with the first black president, but McCain cleverly countered by giving americans the chance to elect the historic first woman vice-president and he's old enough that woman could very likely be president as well. When it comes to demographics, women trumps blacks. It's not racism, it's just numbers.

Not that it's not going to be close... Bush Jr. only won the first time by a few dangling chads. Even Clinton only won vs Bush Sr. with 43% of the popular vote and can thank Ross Perot for that victory. This year's race, with no incumbent, should be a closer match to the Carter vs Ford race that had a 50-48 split.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm now for any person who opposes OffShore Drilling. And as of this moment, it's Obama.

Kenny, you do know that Obama now supports offshore drilling? Also the democrat-controlled congress just let the offshore drilling ban expire, so hopefully we'll see some relief at the pumps

theafterthought

Reaction score
I feel that McCain is going to win, but of course it will be close. However, my personal opinion is that voting for either is futile, at the end of the day both will bring advantages and disadvantages which is how we have ended up in the kind of society we live in today!

thebabyhater

Reaction score
Obama wants to take away my concealed weapons permit, and he also doesn't like that spiffy new Kel-Tec PLR-16 on my Christmas list. Definitely not voting for anybody against gun rights.

I'm really more of a libertarian than anything else, and I definitely don't have any party affiliations, but I definitely couldn't vote for somebody so anti-gun.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score

Secondly, the biggest fact that is being overlooked by the star struck Obama supporters, is that INCOME tax is NOT the only tax he has committed to raising. People seem to have overlooked the gas and energy tax increases which will affect everyone. Then you also have the increased tax on all of the services that the government offers to those whom already cant survive on the wages they earn. Once those OTHER taxes are implemented, your INCOME taxes will be the LEAST of your worries.

Tax CUTS are the only boo boo that McCains economic package has. while Obama wants to spend trillions (yes, thats TRILLIONS) more for more government programs that we cant afford at this time. National healthcare is a good idea, but he will not get his majority Congress to cooperate, as long as they have insurance companies buying their lunches.

If you ask yourself; "Why do I think that Obama can deliver on his promises?" -and then reflect on how ineffective the Democrat majority Congress has been the last couple years (and Democrats for the past 4+ decades) in delivering on their promises- you JUST MIGHT be able to predict the future of Obama's presidency.

If Obama COULD actually LOWER the cost of everything we pay for, Congress would have already accomplished this if they had really wanted to, however, they have their hands in the mud just as much as the Republicans do. Because they DONT want to change things, Obama wont find the support for getting things done- IF in fact, he really DOES want to "change" things. There is a lot of evidence pointing to his message of "change" being a bunch of hot air, which cant be used as an energy source. So, not ONLY will he not do anything to get the cost of living lowered, he will IN FACT, do all he can to RAISE it!
Edit:

If religion should not be a factor, why are you concerned with Palin's? Why do you contradict your own statement, which was all in the sentence just before you contradicted it?
McCain will tax healthcare. That is a much bigger deal to me than a tax on gas. If you think Obama is going to spend a lot, then take a second look at McCain. Economic analysts predict that McCain's plan will cause a debt more than 25x that of Obama's plan. Remember, Congress can't do anything if the president doesn't approve it. We already know Bush's record when it comes to the economy. I'm not concerned with Palin's religion. I'm concerned with her hypocrisy and conceited behavior. The republican ads were the first to bring up religion. I only brought up a point to demonstrate how the democratic campaign has not been as negative towards the republican ticket as they could have (or as McCain's campaign has been towards them).

Exactly!!

Pulling the troops out is to hand victory to the very people trying to undermine the USA.
I don't live in the USA but what happens there affects me so I'll be hoping like hell that nobama loses..BIG,
Do you know why Iraqi insurgents hate the U.S.? Because we invaded their country that they felt had a LEGITIMATE ruler (although I'm not denying he was terrible) and that was NOT a real threat to us. We just barged in and are now trying to force an American-established democratic government on them, how do you think they feel? The terrorists that are a threat to us are NOT in Iraq, they are in Afghanistan and Pakistan. I do hate the stupid names like 'McSame' and 'NoBama', they are childish and don't bring anything intelligent to the discussion.

Obama wants to take away my concealed weapons permit, and he also doesn't like that spiffy new Kel-Tec PLR-16 on my Christmas list. Definitely not voting for anybody against gun rights.

I'm really more of a libertarian than anything else, and I definitely don't have any party affiliations, but I definitely couldn't vote for somebody so anti-gun.
Read this: http://fightthesmears.com/articles/17/NRAflyer You don't have to agree with it, but don't take everything you hear so blindly.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
A Canadian perspective:

McCain is going to win... sorry all you dreamers out there.

Americans are very conservative and American conservatives believe in top-down leadership. A change at the top, is a change of administration. All Republicans, even Republicans who are unhappy with Bush Jr, will still vote McCain. Democrats who are unhappy with Obama (and may have been happier with Clinton II) will also vote McCain. Thus is the nature of a two party system.

There has been a Republican president for 20 of the last 28 years, so another Republican president should not be a shock to anybody. Those other 8 years were Bill Clinton. IMHO it was a mistake to pick Obama over Clinton as the democratic nominee.

Obama did give Americans a chance to make history with the first black president, but McCain cleverly countered by giving americans the chance to elect the historic first woman vice-president and he's old enough that woman could very likely be president as well. When it comes to demographics, women trumps blacks. It's not racism, it's just numbers.

Not that it's not going to be close... Bush Jr. only won the first time by a few dangling chads. Even Clinton only won vs Bush Sr. with 43% of the popular vote and can thank Ross Perot for that victory. This year's race, with no incumbent, should be a closer match to the Carter vs Ford race that had a 50-48 split.
I think he is right about America being afraid of change, but not to this extent. I think that America has been pushed past this fear due to the greater fear and threat of war, and recession that this war is bringing. McCain has a many supporters, but a lot of them are just voting for him because they do not believe in Obama (me included). Just wait until their bills catch up with them and see if voting for McCain is worth the cost of war.

~Twinkie

Last edited:

thebabyhater

Reaction score
Read this: http://fightthesmears.com/articles/17/NRAflyer You don't have to agree with it, but don't take everything you hear so blindly.
Don't assume that I just overheard this somewhere, or that I have no idea what I'm talking about. FightTheSmears is definitely not what I'd call an unbiased source, ironically. I'm basing my claims on Obama's actual responses to debates and political questionnaires, not on something I just "heard." That link, and Obama's actual information, makes no mention of CCWs and "assault weapons," which just so happen to be the kinds of guns I collect and shoot. I am no hunter - I like guns for their own merits. Obama does not believe in CCWs, and plans on reinstating the Clinton/Brady "Assault Weapon Ban."

Last edited:

whitebus

Reaction score
I think he is right about America being afraid of change, but not to this extent. I think that America has been pushed past this fear due to the greater fear and threat of war, and recession that this war is bringing. McCain has a many supporters, but a lot of them are just voting for him because they do not believe in Obama (me included). Just wait until their bills catch up with them and see if voting for McCain is worth the cost of war.

~Twinkie

War is not bringing on this recession, the growth of China into an industrial power and our acceptance of their underpriced goods is. However, events of the last two days are going to throw a serious wrench into election predictions... all bets are off.

Scott B

Reaction score
I don't understand why the majority of you are picking Obama. His inexperience will do this country no good. He talks about change and all of his plans, but does he ever say how he will accomplish this? Not that I recall.
Obama will pull all of our troops back from Iraq and then they'll come and bomb Pearl Harbor. He's pretty pathetic.
That's the main thing. Pulling out the the troops will cause the U.S. to be in danger, and leave us in a defeat. No matter how much I dislike the war, pulling out the troops would be a terrible idea.

Plus, while McCain is actually trying to HELP the state of our economy, Obama is stubbornly insisting that the Presidential Debate goes on.

So, does Obama care about anything except beating McCain? Not in my opinion.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
War is not bringing on this recession, the growth of China into an industrial power and our acceptance of their underpriced goods is. However, events of the last two days are going to throw a serious wrench into election predictions... all bets are off.
I'm not big on economics, only politics, but I am sure the 700 billion or so dollars leaving the country to an arguably pointless war is not helping and coupled with other reasons. How would US buying cheap goods hurt our economy more than a war?

~Twinkie

thebabyhater

Reaction score
How would US buying cheap goods hurt our economy more than a war?

~Twinkie

Market flooding has a lot to do with it. It's been done before, specifically with a certain brand of Chinese TVs that WalMart wholeheartedly endorced until about a year ago. The company would dump off their TVs in the USA at a price under half of market value - these TVs were selling for $40, $50, because the company could make them for a few bucks per set. The high abundance of cheap TVs caused the market price to fall, and the economy wasn't happy.

Now magnify that by a few thousand and that's where the problem comes from.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Market flooding has a lot to do with it. It's been done before, specifically with a certain brand of Chinese TVs that WalMart wholeheartedly endorced until about a year ago. The company would dump off their TVs in the USA at a price under half of market value - these TVs were selling for $40, $50, because the company could make them for a few bucks per set. The high abundance of cheap TVs caused the market price to fall, and the economy wasn't happy.

Now magnify that by a few thousand and that's where the problem comes from.

Couldn't agree with you any more. One of the reasons Wal-Mart blows. All they seem to do now to make people save money is to sell stuff that was imported. They should make a Wal-Mart savers and a Wal-Mart US store. US store being one that sells only US goods, and one that sells stuff imported for discounts. Yeah a lot of people would go for the cheaper stuff, but those who really care about the economy of the US would certainly go to Wal-Mart US.

exemption

Reaction score
I do have to say that if Obama is president..we most certainly will be bombed like Hiroshima... We need those troops in there..they are making sure that we dont get bombed and such..
The Iraqians or w/e are acting like they are afraid..they are conspiring against us all the time...
McCain wins..and our whole government economy will crash..there really is no win-win solution for our country...

fierce

Reaction score
USA got good economist and won't crush if the government ain't good in it ..but Russia is getting back the old power ..China is rising very fast ..so it'll be hot pacific in the future..U.S.A needs a man like McCAIN .

JuniorD

Reaction score
None of the above. None are fit for office. http://www.bobbarr2008.com/splash/?s0820

Go liberal. Yes, Bob does have a funny looking face. But does it really matter if you run the country well? If you all recall, McCain said he wanted 100 years of war if it took it. Also, he agrees with 95% of George Bush's faults. As for Obama, I think he is slightly in-experienced, and if he was raised as a muslim, he IS a muslim still. you can't just simply say one day he forgot everything about islam and went straight to Christianity. not unless he got hit by a car, knocked in the head by a bat 20 times, and had to have a brain transplant.
Edit:
I do have to say that if Obama is president..we most certainly will be bombed like Hiroshima... We need those troops in there..they are making sure that we dont get bombed and such..
The Iraqians or w/e are acting like they are afraid..they are conspiring against us all the time...
McCain wins..and our whole government economy will crash..there really is no win-win solution for our country...

Our government has the real enemy confused. Iraq does not have Alquida or w/e in it. It only has petty Mafias like most countries. Alquida resides in Iran and Afghanistan.

Last edited:

whitebus

Reaction score
I'm not big on economics, only politics, but I am sure the 700 billion or so dollars leaving the country to an arguably pointless war is not helping and coupled with other reasons. How would US buying cheap goods hurt our economy more than a war?

~Twinkie

very easily, by sending jobs to China there is less economic activity to tax to pay for the military machine used to execute the war. military spending can be an economic stimulus, but loss of men is loss of manpower. sdi worked brilliantly because there was no loss of manpower and the bogus research spun off other technologies that were usable by consumers like cd's and dvd's. investment in education, innovation and research are great for long term economic viability.

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
Obama, I think he is slightly in-experienced, and if he was raised as a muslim, he IS a muslim still. you can't just simply say one day he forgot everything about islam and went straight to Christianity. not unless he got hit by a car, knocked in the head by a bat 20 times, and had to have a brain transplant.

This i don't think is true i was raised a Christian and yet i didn't agree with the things i learned as a child and i am now what is considered an Atheist or w/e you wanna call it.Not only to mention hat religion shouldn't play any part in world economics because a true America should be non bias towards everyone. but then again the American dream is just that a dream
CLICK ME

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
McCain will tax healthcare. That is a much bigger deal to me than a tax on gas. If you think Obama is going to spend a lot, then take a second look at McCain. Economic analysts predict that McCain's plan will cause a debt more than 25x that of Obama's plan. Remember, Congress can't do anything if the president doesn't approve it. We already know Bush's record when it comes to the economy.

Could you link me to any proof showing that McCain is going to tax healthcare? I'd like to read up on that

Also, the economy under Bush was very strong a while after 9/11 until now. The current state of the economy is NOT due to Bush, but due to the greedy lending institutions that took advantage of Reagan's economic plans to make credit easy so that people could afford houses. Deregulation works well, but when it gets as far as it has now, it can become a problem.

Max1337

Reaction score
I think McCain will win...
I don't trust Obama for a few reasons...

1: His name sounds too much like 'Osama'
2: The muslim religion has some 'downs' in it.. like killing people for stupid stuff... (if you research)
3: If you watched the elections/debates on tv.. you will notice he studdered a lot, thinking of something better to say...

I think he may be working with Osama Bin Laden... who knows... But I don't trust him...

Status
Not open for further replies.