McCAIN Vs. Obama

Who will be the next american president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Could you link me to any proof showing that McCain is going to tax healthcare? I'd like to read up on that

Also, the economy under Bush was very strong a while after 9/11 until now. The current state of the economy is NOT due to Bush, but due to the greedy lending institutions that took advantage of Reagan's economic plans to make credit easy so that people could afford houses. Deregulation works well, but when it gets as far as it has now, it can become a problem.

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/09/mccains_health_care_tax_increa.html

I don't entirely blame Bush for the economy either. I blame the republicans for over-deregulation and terrible economic ideas, and the democrats for doing pretty much nothing until now. Bush DOES have a bad history when it comes to finance, and the Iraq war was a major part of our doubled multi-trillion dollar debt, but that is not the primary focus in the current economic crisis.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I think McCain will win...
I don't trust Obama for a few reasons...

1: His name sounds too much like 'Osama'
2: The muslim religion has some 'downs' in it.. like killing people for stupid stuff... (if you research)
3: If you watched the elections/debates on tv.. you will notice he studdered a lot, thinking of something better to say...

I think he may be working with Osama Bin Laden... who knows... But I don't trust him...

I'm not voting for Obama, but honestly?

1. So what if his name sounds like Osama? His middle name is Hussein. I don't see how this has any relevance; even if he were a secret-terrorist-in-hiding, anyone would take action. He'd only be a president, not a dictator.

2. The Muslim religion does not condone violent acts.. the problem is Americans are exposed to a lot of the violence of extremists, and then generalize that to the whole religion

3. I have noticed too that he stutters every now and then when he is talking to someone one-on-one, but when it comes to crowds he is very eloquent

Zdroyd

Reaction score
My friends call me an Moderate Extremist... So I will not take sides...

But both ways a world record will be broken:

If Obama wins: He will be the first black president.
If McCain wins: He will be the whitest president ever.

But I do want us to end the war ASAP... and I want the economy fixed...

masteraa

Reaction score
Whoot obama! Obama tends to be leading in the national polls, this seems to be true here too. I really do hope obama wins, we need some change in government. His political views seem to be in tune with mine. Somethings obama is for though I am not but no political leader is perfect.

Last edited:

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I got this joke while playing Halo PC:

"If Obama wins, the country will be an Obamanation." LOL

If you don't get it; the last word is pronounced: Abomination.

Darasen

Reaction score
I say Obama. He's winning, he plans to end the war and he doesn't slander mcains name with retarded bullcrap like his opponent vise versa. I mean yeah obama was friends with a american terrorist When they were 8 years old. and yeah, he went a muslim school in indonesia who gives a bull. no where in the constitution does it say the president must be christain/catholic.

True to a point. Obama has the the KOs and MSNBC and Comedy Central and The New York Times etc.. to do hiss smearing for him.

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
It's very true i see little of ads smearing mccain from obama usually its other groups who hate mccain/palin. but yes i see how weird obamas name is and for sum reason his running mate is binden obama hussien binden i mean cmon i dont like the name but i like the guy his views and his politics, no im not voteing cause he black or cause he speaks purdy but because as an american i would like to see us crawl out of this hole instead of burying ourselves in one this is sapost to be a non-bias country yet everyone is complaining cause he was muslim freedom of religion people
im glad this country isnt full of retardted rednecks who whould like to keep fighing a war that will send us into an even further economic decline and eventually sell ourselves like whore to other nations making us drill oil on our own shores step up america its time to grow sum balls we are gonna lose the sapposide was on terrorism either way so lets leave with sum diginity and pride and fix ourselves before he go picking up a fight and im irish american and damn i love a good fight but you need to pick your battles or ull look like my drunken uncle always wearing a shiner
Edit:
Also lets all oppose offshore drilling facts state it will not help our economy for another 10 years while rapidly destroying our ecosystem and beautiful country

Last edited:

RossSchVle

Banned
Reaction score
I live in the UK, so am not that fussed about US politics, but I think there both as bad as each other as are all politicians in my opinion

Zdroyd

Reaction score
In the end I believe that there should be one world government.
The Free People of Earth.

bawii

Reaction score
why are people so hung over the fact that obama's name is similar to "osama"? just because your name is remotely similar to that of someone deemed to be villian, it doesn't mean they are an actual villian... a classic case of "don't judge a book by its cover" :/

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I think recently, Mcain has been to angry and malicious in the debates. Not that Obama wasn't, but he kept his resolve. I am beginning to trust him more (not that I can vote :'o)...

omoney

Reaction score
I think obama would be the better president mostly because i'm a democrat tehehe. Besides if obama becoems president it would make history.

cheesydud

Reaction score
McCain and Obama are both fine candidates in my opinion. Although, I do favor Obama. I think McCain is a great guy, but Palin should not be VP. I just think she's nuts. Because of this, I would definitely vote Obama.

RagnaParadise

Prime Account
Reaction score
I believe that Obama will win this hands down. With the Bush administration already screwing up the country for the past 8 years, there's no doubt people want some change. And in comes Obama. McCain still said he wanted to have the army to stay in Iraq for another 100 years! Absolutely proposterous.

dickey

Reaction score
Right now obama is a good choice, but remember that people who taste power can become consumed by it. But it is rather sad that there is a racist angle to this, I hope that obama will not be voted just because of his skin color, although mccain says that obama is a good presidentiable I don't think he really means it, and when a politician lies like that in election times then what would you expect when he gets elected.

bawii

Reaction score
response to this quote: "people who taste power can become consumed by it"
this only really applies to facist governments (hey guys, remember Stalin or Castro?) in the united states, we have a system of checks and balances to make sure not one branch has too much power (I took govt/econ my sophomore year in HS so I'm kinda rusty!). so I don't think this applies to the united states :p

in this election, there isn't just a racism factor to it, but also an ageist factor. I fear that if mccain is elected for president, he will die in office and palin will become president... and this is something to be worried about (see: matt damon)

I'm not sure if this applies to the previous elections, but there are some dirty tactics between the republicans and democrats :/ anyone hear about the incident in florida where democrats were mailed an official-looking document which said "republicans vote on nov 4, democrats vote on nov 5"? it's horrible :/

T

themasterrocker

Obama won so i do not see any reason why this thread is needed anymore as the USA have made their minds up.
-thread closed- Fierce. IF you want this reopened pm me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.