Meat eaters / Vegetarians / Vegans. Why are you whichever you are?

Shishir

Reaction score
Not many Veg were found. Hi hi hi.

I am also a non-veg. I love meat. And I dont think there is any harm in being the top in food chain. So why not take the full freedom as to decide what we eat. I like to eat them all. No matter its veg or non-veg. Something like omnivore.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I eat meat because it tastes good..

lionheart8

Reaction score
I am omnivorous! Looking forward to some roast potatoes & some meat cream sauce with carrots & zucchini this evening.
My friend's son, 12, would rather only chicken wings & other tasty, preferably roasted meats, but i have to keep reminding him in order to grow properly, he also needs the minerals, vitamins & other nutrients u get in vegetables.

knutico

Reaction score
Hell, I eat meat with everything, meat with a Tortilla, a big Steak sometimes, meat with meat, meat with salad, meat goes with everything

Aquilus

Reaction score
I eat meat because I like rabbits and other small furry animals so much that I don't want to steal all their food. (No, not really, but still... It almost made a good argument.)

Ryutso

Reaction score
I can pretty much tolerate other "cuisines" shall we call them. I eat both meat and veggies, seeing as I grew up with them and actually prefer a salad to pork chops some nights.

Like I said I can tolerate others, it's when people start forcing their cuisines on you, saying that because you eat meat you're a "monster" or because you eat only veggies that you're "wimpy". That I can't take.

faolan

Reaction score
I have to say that I'm predominately a meat eater. Biologically, all humans are omnivores. That is to say that we have teeth for both vegetation (the molars and to an extent the incisors) and for eating the flesh of other animals (the incisors again and the eye-teeth... I forget the actual names).

Here I'm about to step into another argument. If you subscribe to the theory of evolution (and I do), you would have to look at the primate line and their dental records to see that we evolved as omnivores. Our best example is the chimpanzee with whom we share 99% of our genetic makeup. Though they are predominately vegetarian (no argument there), they do scavenge meat and they do hunt other monkeys.

Do we metabolize meat fully? No. Are we more efficient with vegetation? Yes. But to be honest, we are designed to have both diets, and we are designed to balance said diets with more vegetation than meat. I respect the opinions and decisions of those that have chosen a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, but I choose to be what I am.

A man who craves meat far more than he craves plants.

naynesh

Reaction score
Im a vegetarian .They do notconsume the flesh of any animal (including sea animals) with or without also eschewing other animal derivatives, such as dairy products or eggs. Many vegetarians also choose to refrain from wearing clothing that has involved the death of animals, such as leather and fur. Veganism excludes all animal products from diet and in some definitions from attire also, whether or not the production of clothing or items has involved the actual death of an animal (dairy, eggs, honey, wool, silk, down feathers, etc.). Vegetarians have varied motivations including religious, cultural, ethical, aesthetic, environmental, social, economic

alcramer

Reaction score
Hi-
These are good posts. I would like to second tam-ian's, and maybe expand on it a little. "Eating" is a very primary experience, and thus very personal; but it also impacts on the world. We all need to work out ways of being in the world, that feel good & right to us, and are also righteous for the all the other people (animal/vegetable/mineral) with whom we coexist. It's a BIG challenge but I'm hoping we're up to it.
In connection with this issue of food & animals: one thing we can all do to move things forward is to LEARN TO COOK. My wife and I live in the USA.
In this country, it's very hard to be vegetarian if you care about food, so we cook with meat/chicken/fish. But when we go to India, we go for months without eating meat & don't miss it. It's pretty strange. In Maine, the winter can be very cold, so a a nice roast chicken goes down very well; but a good dal soup seems to have about the same effect.

Swiblet

Reaction score
I EAT MEAT EVERY DAY!!! Wait, if you mean red meat, I don't, but I only limit myself to twice a week because I like diversity and because I do not intend to have a heart attack soon. Chicken and fish, I eat equally to meat.

I find it wrong the way people kill cows, but that's just the way people do it. There's not way of stopping them, and starving yourself of protein will not stop anything. Sorry, vegans >.<

HOWEVER....there are things I WILL NOT eat because of my morals. One thing I will never eat is lobster. Those poor guys are thrown into boiling water. That...is...horrible. On top of that, most of my family is allergic to shellfish xD
I also will never eat veal. The baby cows are fattened up, confined completely, then killed in the prime of their youth. People never think of how THEY would feel if cows or lobsters did that to THEM. I hate the way things are done with those two animals. I do not endorse pain of animals.

However...I need my protein =( Sorry!

~~Ben

Arthiel

Reaction score
...Er...I eat meat because it tastes good? I'm a total carnivore; no vegetables or fruit in my diet what-so-ever. Though, I'm picky. I don't like steak due to the amount of (visible) fat that is in it. I don't like pork(except for bacon) or lamb...I don't know. Beef and Chicken all the way? Maybe.​

holeepassion

Reaction score
Vegetarian ...

My website convers some topics on this ... still on working progress though

http://www.holeepassion.com

peace

PS: working hard to make the website working still hehehhe

give comments if you like ...

presentations, speed, contents etc etc

Staind1982

Reaction score
Whether you choose to eat meat or strictly vegetables is a mental thing (but a nutritional thing as well). Most people eat me not only because it is the most delicious thing on the planet but also because they were conditioned to do so. Man evolved not by eating brussel sprouts but by catching, killing and subsequently eat the animals in the region in which they lived. By being in the upper most level of the food chain and living in the evolved (if you want to call it that) society that do, we can make the choice to partake in the ever so good hamburger or just eat the lettuce. In my opinion vegans choose to eat only vegetables either due to their complete distaste for meat itself or the practices in producing it. I would think that it its few and far between for vegans to eat vegetables just because they are good for you. Meat has its beneficial properties and in my opinion it can be more beneficial than just eating vegetables. Balance is key.

ryoko126

Reaction score
I'm actually a mix of both. I love SOME meat. I love SOME vegetables and I love SOME fruit. depends on what you give me.

For instance... Beef= Happy Camper. Corn or green beans= Happy Camper. Apples or grapes= Happy Camper.

BUT!

Spinach= (Me getting sick)

Sohail

Reaction score
I am a meat eater as I was born this way and you should know that it is necessary to have a balanced diet by eating meat as well as parts of everything else. Religion might be one of the things stopping people from eating meat but I don't know. I am a Muslim and religion doesn't affect anything in this matter though I can only eat Halal food though I don't think anything is wrong with eating meat.

ryoko126

Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with meat. Meat is essential to human life. But so are fruits and veggies too. It's all a matter of balancing your food. Too much of anything is bad. Like for instance, there is such a thing as drinking too much milk. Drinking too much milk will cause calcium build up in your body.

Also, what is Halal food. I've never heard that before. But I've lived in Texas my whole 28 years of life, so that shouldn't be suprising.

WhiteOut

Reaction score
Ive been a vegetarian for about a year.
I believe that using trusted 'free-range' suppliers so-to-speak sends a stronger message.
I ate free range meat when I first thought about becoming a vegetarian, but I still felt guilty that I was eating an animal, and thats when I became a vegetarian. Also, I dont think humans were ment to eat meat. Without weapons, we would not be able to kill any of the animals that people eat. Maybe we could catch a chicken..but still..

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
I'm a meat eater, but I get veggies too. Meat keeps you healthy and it gives you vitamin [insert letter here.]

Does fish counts as a meat? o.o

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Meat is not healthy.
In fact, it shortens your lifespan by about 7 years,
and for all the men out there: It causes impotence.