Mirrors edge

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Anyone played it yet? I just bought it and it's really nice :D. I really like the way you can run and jump on different things

xPlozion

Reaction score
i played the demo. something different, which is good these days. everyone copies off of everyone, and there's nothing original. they care more about money than the actual game. gears of war they never fixed, tom clancy's games aren't as good as they used to be on the original xbox (rs: ba, rs3, gr, gr:ss, gr:it, gr2, splintercell...) as well as other series that have been out for a while

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't played this, but looking at the game, they certainly didn't overdo on the Bloom Effect for the lighting. Sure, while the color white can really start to get to you when you're running throughout the city during the day by the looks of it. Otherwise, I've heard this game supports nVidia's GeForce PhysX accelleration!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Otherwise, I've heard this game supports nVidia's GeForce PhysX accelleration!

hah yeah. Only downside with PhysX that it isn't dx 10 compatible... I got physX but when I run the demo it says "You must have dx 9c installed".

Bloom effect is when everything is mostly bright, right?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
hah yeah. Only downside with PhysX that it isn't dx 10 compatible... I got physX but when I run the demo it says "You must have dx 9c installed".

Bloom effect is when everything is mostly bright, right?

Well, not necessarilly bright, it's more or less an HDR lighting method to make objects a little brighter, shine a little more, and give out more color. And PhysX does support DX10 for as far as I know. Crysis Warhead uses it and it can run on DirectX 10 mode with the PhysX working. I may be wrong though.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I played the demo and I just wasn't impressed.

Sure it's different from most shooters, I'm all for that. Yet I can't help but shake my head at the game for having almost no replay value. A six hour game with no multiplayer, especially from a developer who is known for there multiplayer titles, is just sad.

Not to mention the fighting system was clunky and shooting was a joke. Yeah, I know it's not about shooting but they could have made it a little better.

rs.top

Reaction score
I have seen the ads but have not played it. It does not look like a game i would want to play

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
It's unique but I doubt it's something I'd want to occupy what little space I have left on my hard drive.. I'm waiting for COD5 to go on sale for Black Friday

MuRRe

Reaction score
It seems really cool, and since I own a PS3 ill prolly buy it.
Although different doesn't have to mean GOOD it's certainly doesn't hurt.

fempower

Reaction score
I so want to play this. So few games with female heroes. I just hope it won't set off my game motion sickness.

Triffid

Reaction score
This game doesn't really impress me that much, I've heard its really short in length. Maybe the next one will slightly impress me more.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
I played the Xbox 360 demo and its awsome!!! So different from any other game out there. Im so sick of racing and shooting.

RSG GDOG182

Reaction score
i played the demo. something different, which is good these days. everyone copies off of everyone, and there's nothing original. they care more about money than the actual game. gears of war they never fixed, tom clancy's games aren't as good as they used to be on the original xbox (rs: ba, rs3, gr, gr:ss, gr:it, gr2, splintercell...) as well as other series that have been out for a while
I'd have to disagree with xPlozion there in the sense that the Tom Clancy games out these days are just as good as they were on the original xbox. Which are still played, like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I think they have really interesting storylines now. Like Splinter Cell: Double Agent for example. The storyline is so intense at some parts, it feels like you're watching a really good movie, and getting to play in it at the same time.