Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb86

Reaction score
Hi,

I created my account today and have linked it to my domain name purchased elsewhere. I am currently trying to upload a website and the software that I have used to build it requires a username and password from the hosting company in order for it to upload. Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
The username and password should be your cPanel username and password. You may need to specify public_html as the directory to publish into.

--- Mr. DOS

sarahb86

Reaction score
thank you for your reply. . i have tried this but i just keep getting a message saying to verify the entered parameters with the internet provider

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
What details you are using??? Which is this software???

try these details

host : yoursite.x10hosting.com
user : cpanelusername
pass : cpanelpassword

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What all have you done to link your domain name to your x10hosting account? I ask just to check if it's been done correctly, and it may take 48 hours or less for your domain settings to apply (especially since you set all of this up earlier today.) This might be affecting your settings in your website building program.

Last edited:

sarahb86

Reaction score
hi, yes these are the details that i have tried. . could it be that i have changed my ftp address from the .10hosting.com one earlier today? I don't know if it needs time to transfer?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Your host is
sarahburtonknitwear.co.uk ('ve personally checked that, it's set to that domain)

Your username is sarahb86

and your password is whatever you have it set to.

sarahb86

Reaction score
that is exactly what i have been trying, so i am confused! thank you anyway
ps. i changed the domain name by going into the transfer settings in the control panel of the website where i bought it and changing the hosting server names to the x10hosting ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.