Missing wordpress database after server change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle~M

Reaction score
My wordpress website says "Error establishing a database connection". In cPanel in MySQL Databases, the database is shown with size 0.00 MB. In phpMyAdmin, the database does not appear to exist. I think this started when with my account was moved to xo2. I have a backup, but I'm not sure how to restore it as I don't see the database in phpMyAdmin.

Can x10 restore my database from a pre-server-change backup? Thought I'd ask before I break something trying to fix it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Turtle~M,

Your databases have now been restored, and your WordPress/phpBB sites now appear to be loading fine. Sorry about that :)

Thank you,

eezeee

Reaction score
Hi Turtle~M,

Your databases have now been restored, and your WordPress/phpBB sites now appear to be loading fine. Sorry about that :)

Thank you,
Dear Sir,
My files apparantly had some virus and that led to suspention.
I got the site www.wizardspost.com unsuspended but have no clue how to restore. Is there any way admin can help?
Regards

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi eezeee,

It appears that your account was suspended due to a compromised WordPress installation. Although the files have been removed, your database may be still intact. If this is the case, you could create a brand new, clean WordPress installation, but have it read the data from your old database. :)

@Livewire

Thank you,

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to confirm that, if public_html needs to be cleared due to a compromise, unless there's explicit evidence that the database itself was also damaged we leave that intact. Yours was only files compromised (the hackers/exploiters seemed more content with sticking a few dozen shells and mass-mailers on the account than actually damaging anything else), so the database should still be intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.