Move domain from premium to free hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmforex

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to move one add-on domain (out of many) from Premium hosting to Free hosting. Name Servers set currently for the domain is ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com i.e. same as those used by free hosting accounts.

Premium support asked me to seek help in free hosting area, so I'm posting here.

What I did was, Backed up my files, deleted/removed domain from premium hosting panel (under addon domain). Logged in to free hosting cpanel and uploaded files. Name server was already set to point to free hosting, dns servers (propogation) need not be updated so no changes there.

When I visit the domain in browser. It shows an a 404 not found (against dark teal background) page. What more needs to be done so that my website shows up. Do the premium hosting support needs to clear DNS cache or something at their end or do I need to do something at my end to resolve this.

Thanks
atm

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you add the domain as addon or parked domain in your free account?

tanwirec

Reaction score
Did you add the domain as addon or parked domain in your free account?
God dang it stop getting here before me :(

I'm not too sure if they can (or will) move your account from premium to free to be honest. I know they transfer free to premium though ;)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
God dang it stop getting here before me :(

I'm not too sure if they can (or will) move your account from premium to free to be honest. I know they transfer free to premium though ;)
There's no automated process to go premium -> free, but it can be done manually with backups

Status
Not open for further replies.