Moving my Domain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
I recently created an account with x10 hosting, and moved my website to it. Now how do I transfer my domain name from the old site to the new one? My previous host was Google Apps, and the name is registered through GoDaddy.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Please read the following wiki article. I recommend you look at the introduction paragraph and the Parked Domains paragraph:
http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Domain

Basically, you will need to change your GoDaddy settings to point to our nameservers: ns1.x10hosting.com AND ns2.x10hosting.com
Then you will need to login to your cPanel and click on 'Parked Domains'. Enter your domain in the text box, click Add Domain, and wait a few hours for it to process.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm modifying the main domain, not a parked one, BTW. Waiting for it to go through...

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Ummm, it's been at "Process wait" for several hours, and the old site is now down. Help!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Your welcome :) It can take up to 48 hours for the domain to finish processing.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
Wait, When the nameserver change goes through at goDaddy, do I still have to wait for the x10 main domain change to get approved?

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
change the nameserver at your domain control panel.

the nameservers that you have to use are

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

then login to your x10hosting account panel at

http://x10hosting.com/control?

and change your main domain.

It can take upto 48 hours for your domain to transfer. Your both the sites (new and old) may go offline for sometime.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd suggest adding your website to your x10hosting account first, waiting for the change to go through (getting confirmation from the system) and then pointing your domain to our nameservers in GoDaddy's control panel.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
42 hours so far...site's been down for 16 hours straight, traffic is at 23% of normal amount. :(

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems our processing queue is a bit slow, so I would suggest waiting until it resumes before shifting the website here.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
Resume? It's stopped? Would have been nice to know before my site went down for an entire day. When will it Resume?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

46 hours...
Still process wait...
Old site's back up, though.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
It has been more than 66 hours since my first request. WHAT GIVES??? I am losing my patience here... :mad:

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Approaching 72 hours. It is stated that these changes can take up to 48 hours. Can anyone at least give me an explanation as to why it's so slow???

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
Ninety-two hours. I have been waiting for ninety-two hours. 'nuff said. :mad:

Action is: YMoZ6npwisjA

Last edited:

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
Any month now...

---------- Post added 11-06-2011 at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-05-2011 at 06:32 PM ----------

I have read that the domain change will not work unless the domain is already pointed at the x10 nameservers. Is this true? My site gets more than 1.2K hits per day, and I don't want to take it down by changing the nameservers any earlier than I have to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.