Moving x10

Status
Not open for further replies.

big JME

Reaction score
cant rush these things :biggrin: gotta take time, dont wat aything going wrong ;)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
x10 main site, forums, and backend has been moved over. New accounts are temporarily on hold until DNS propagates a bit more and I can verify everything is working.

DNS on the new server is still grabbing all the records from the other servers. Depending on your ISP, you might have to wait until this finishes which could be a few more hours.

-Corey

D4219

Reaction score
My site says No input file specified. is that because of the move and I am no longer able to login to the cpanel.

kovin

Reaction score
I'm also receiving the message that I've successfully logged in but there was a "backend" problem. cPanel name: kovin. I am goiing to assume it's related to the server moving you are doing and will try again tomorrow. Thank you.

big JME

Reaction score
mine seems to be working fine, i just checked and its fine and working :biggrin: hope everyone elses works soon ;)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
nice addition corey, but what does this help with the server

not saying that its bad or anything, just curiousity xP

big JME

Reaction score
i can log on and the panel works and all my pages but i installed a forum on yesterday and all thye files for that have gone, luckily it hadnt had anything done to it, but i cant acess my ftp account either :frown:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What we are doing along with moving x10 is moving one of the name servers to a separate class C address and farther away from the current server. So if there is an issue with that server\area\range and the name server fails, this one will still be up.

It is for redundancy in case of an issue. Didn't realize it would take SO long to sync all the DNS zones though! It's still going, sites will start working as the zone is copied over.

I will make another news post shortly with more info.

-Corey

Sanosuke

Reaction score
Keep up the good work. I really appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing! :)

tondopie

Reaction score
looks like x10 is starting to stabalize! thanks a billion Corey! ;)

big JME

Reaction score
thanx corey for all that you did with the servers and that :D its working great

Status
Not open for further replies.