Mx record issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lradmin

Reaction score
Having issue with one of my x10 hosted websites. My email is hosted with 1and1 ionos and I previously had the MX servers set to 1and1 and no problems. Recently due to migration this had reverted to back to default x10 server, whereupon I noticed my email was no longet receiving. I changed the MX settings under DNS in the new control panel and my email was restored. I now again note I'm back to square one, no email, however when I check the MX records they appear correct but if I do an MX lookup it also returns an X10 entry which appears to take priority over the two correct MX entries. Slightly confused and frustrated? Where is this entry?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
not 100% sure, but most of that depends on if the server your account
is on has been migrated or not. (im on x05 and still waiting for migration)

also note any main domain changes can take from 1 to 72+ hours.
and i believe this includes A or mx records.
some would argue that time frame,
but thats what ive experienced with my domain.

lradmin

Reaction score
I've rechecked and can find no reference to the extra MX entry in cpanel, both that are there seem to be fine. However if I do an MX lookup it finds another which appears to be the issue as it's pointing to the X10 server.

Last edited:

lradmin

Reaction score
Still no further forward. I cannot find this extra MX entry at all with the new Cpanel version, only two but find three if i do an MX lookup, becoming very frustrated as Im only receiving some of my mail, as most seem to be bounced by the incorrect server settings.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you seen the MX Manager located under the section "E-mail Manager"?

lradmin

Reaction score
Hi, yes i have and there are two entries both of which are correct...however when I do a MX lookup I find it's showing those 2 plus another that is not correct its a generic x10 server and as they all have the same priority it's causing me major issues. If I can't find it , i can't amend it....been with x10 for over a decade but as I've had sporadic mail for over a week think it's time to go I'm afraid.

lradmin

Reaction score
Eventually found the extra entry, not under MX manager but under domain pointers > DNS > view.

This appears to have solved my issue at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.