My BF 3 Settings - whats everyone else getting

dturton40

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give you my fps with my 2gb 5970, tested using fraps (using driver version 10.9 - 10.10 still seems very flakey and messes up in Windows a lot imo)

System is 4.4GHz i7 930, 24GB RAM, Win 7 64bit Ultra, lots of watercooling

1920x1200 All settings on Ultra no AA = 110fps (metro outside) :eek:
1920x1200 All settings on Ultra 2 x AA = 60fps (metro outside) :tongue:
1900x1200 All settings on Ultra 4 x AA = 20fps (metro outside) :(

So im quite happy running with 2 x AA looks awesome, dont think ill be upgrading till the 7xxx comes out.

Interested to see what everyone else is getting.

andymanse863

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give you my fps with my 2gb 5970, tested using fraps (using driver version 10.9 - 10.10 still seems very flakey and messes up in Windows a lot imo)

System is 4.4GHz i7 930, 24GB RAM, Win 7 64bit Ultra, lots of watercooling

1920x1200 All settings on Ultra no AA = 110fps (metro outside) :eek:
1920x1200 All settings on Ultra 2 x AA = 60fps (metro outside) :tongue:
1900x1200 All settings on Ultra 4 x AA = 20fps (metro outside) :(

So im quite happy running with 2 x AA looks awesome, dont think ill be upgrading till the 7xxx comes out.

Interested to see what everyone else is getting.

Wow, 24GB of RAM. Are you serious? 8GB is more than enough, unless you rendering and encoding a lot of videos, or you never ever turn off your computer?

I'll be getting my new build pretty soon, but thinking about getting a solid state drive..?

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
Case Fans: Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
CPU: Intel Core i7 Sandybridge 2600k
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 8GB
Graphics Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950 HD 2GB
Power Supply: Corsair 650W TX Series
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

dturton40

Reaction score
I dont run windows with a swap file on my SSD drives, also run a few Virtual Machines as well, would thoroughly recommend an SSD drive though. Anyone out there on BF3??

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I DL'd it yesterday and played for a few minutes. Haven't had much free time though =\. I need to get some more time in to decide if I'm going to preorder or not.

Regarding SSD, I tried the new Z68 Intel Smart Response Caching... it is complete garbage. After installing Windows 4 times and reading all the issues people have had I gave up on it and installed Windows directly to the SSD. Only downside is I got the 60GB vertex 3 thinking it would be used for cache which tops out at 64GB. So now I have a 60GB SSD instead of a larger one =\.

I still can't top out the windows performance numbers though:
windowsperf.png

wongers

Reaction score
ive been playing the Beta on my XBawx. dont think i want to try it on my PC tbh lol.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Man Corey, you're almost there! Are you sure the issue you're having isn't a restriction on your system bus? I have no clue as to how exactly Windows calculates those scores, but if you're that off I'm curious if a little bit of overclocking will get everything running to 7.9 spec. I don't know what hardware you have but it'd have to be a bus issue if anything choking you up.

My limitation into getting me to 7.9 on Windows 7 would be my solid state drive which is used for boot. The two RAID 0 arrays I use for my actual data are obviously capped at 5.9 but Windows does not measure those. The Solid State Drive I have only scores 7.2 since it is old. The rest of my setup is 7.9.

Also, I do use 16GB of RAM since it is the max my board supports at the present time. I'm sure a BIOS upgrade will improve the RAM support so I can stuff 32GB into the machine. I do run without a swap and never shut my PC down, so the extra RAM is certainly nice to have.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where the bottleneck is... it's a 2600-k OC'd to 4.4Ghz. I haven't touched the memory though. I'm not really an overclocking enthusiast, I usually just try once or twice when I first build it and leave it forever. Stability is more important to me due to all the work related stuff I have open 24x7.

spaztickilla74

Reaction score
i heard that having too much ram on a desktop pc can actually slow it down instead of speed it up but dont qoute me...

I have to pc version of the beta, i have heard around that the console betas are crap and that the graphics seam pretty choppy, but people must remember that it is still only it beta...

I am running:
asus m4a87td evo mobo
amd 1090t 3.2ghz 6 core not overclocked
ati hd6870 1 gb
4 gb ram
win 7 home premuim 64bit (legal)
xbox 360 wireless controller receiver
20" led monitor (div, not hdmi.. gutted)

i am running it on full everything and it runs perfect and looks f****n amazing, but i cannot tell you the fps, how do i check the fps?

dturton40

Reaction score
i am running it on full everything and it runs perfect and looks f****n amazing, but i cannot tell you the fps, how do i check the fps?

You can download an application called fraps, just install that, press f12 in game and your fps will come up in the top left hand corner, you can also do video capture with fraps as well (although I saved a full screen hi-res, high fps video with 30 secs of footage and took up 1.2GB - so probably worth dropping the settings if you want anything for a website upload)

Re your monitor, DVI is as good as HDMI (its still just a digital signal so both cables basically carry 1s and 0s without any analogue conversion, im seeing a lot of monitors coming out with 1080 resolutions, I run a 24" with 1920x1200 which is better than HD, personally I dont like the way the PC industry is adopting TV standards. There should be a difference in Monitors and TVs.