My first ever template :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks really good!

Few things to fix though:

try redoing the logo/header... I don't really know what icfind wrong with it... I think it's just because, well, it's been done before. I have some logo templates you can use if you wish...

Define the nav bar more. The whole design will come together if you make a graphic for the navigation. (I'd suggest a cut off rounded rectangle (to flow into the site). To do this (in Photoshop), just use the rounded rectangle tool to make a rectangle. Then, with the layer still selected, take the normal rectangle tool, and cut off the part you don't want using the (ALT) / (SHIFT) key(s). I honestly can't remember the exact ATM... It's 6 am..

The gradient box in the top left: remove it. I love the idea of the gradient in the content box: but you should do it over the whole thing, using a much softer (but still orangey(sp?)).

Those are my suggestions... But otherwise it's awesome!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm using Fireworks :)

I just screwed it up, halp?

~Callum

EDIT: fixed.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

Number two is on the way soon :)

~Callum

icedhabbo

Reaction score
the last site is cool how did u make the templates and upload them cuz i could amke my own and not use the current 1 :)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
the last site is cool how did u make the templates and upload them cuz i could amke my own and not use the current 1 :)

I made all the graphics in Adobe Fireworks and I did everything else in HTML and CSS.
What do you mean by "upload them cuz i could amke my own and not use the current 1"?

~Callum