My first web site - a wysiwyg affair

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Very eyecatching has a very 'arts and crafts ' feel.
As you said it was built with a WYSIWYG editor, there is little point saying this and that could of been done better in the CSS so on artistic merit alone it is damm good.

Had a quick look at the page code, you really could do with changing the format of the images used to gif or jpg. The png format can make for big file sizes and these slow the page loading times.

PS: good to see the dragons are alive and well in Wales and is there any of your work in Tenby?

mjserv

Reaction score
A little slow but very nice. music should have user choose when to listen or not

malarky

Reaction score
Very eyecatching has a very 'arts and crafts ' feel.
As you said it was built with a WYSIWYG editor, there is little point saying this and that could of been done better in the CSS so on artistic merit alone it is damm good.

Had a quick look at the page code, you really could do with changing the format of the images used to gif or jpg. The png format can make for big file sizes and these slow the page loading times.

PS: good to see the dragons are alive and well in Wales and is there any of your work in Tenby?

Thanks for the comments. We havent made it Tenby way as of yet (apart from camping)...

I'll slim the site down soon and change the png's when I get a chance, it's on my list.

malarky

Reaction score
A little slow but very nice. music should have user choose when to listen or not

Thanks for looking.

The swf is pretty slow to load - maybe a load screen would be good if i knew how.
The swf was made using slideshow pro and the music is either on or off in the settings, however the user can press pause, but then it starts again with the next show. I may drop the music from the swf and just have some radio buttons kicking around.