My forum is down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
There seems to be a problem with the server right now. Staff have been notified :)

Reaction score
I have seriously been considering upgrading to your premium service, but when my forum goes down every day or 2, what would make me think the paid kind would be any better??

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

the forum is now visible again, but im getting this across the top "The cache directory is not writable - this will adversely affect the performance of your forum."

What the heck is this and what can be done to correct it ???

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

ok i know what the problem is, after the last server issue which happens pretty regularly, this issue started and its because somehow in the process of that coming back up the cache writing permissions were all set to read only or whatever, and they have to be writable for this error to go away, so will someone please fix this on the server end??

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
We are currently experiencing some server issues. Administration is aware and it is being worked on. All of your files should be safe.

I have seriously been considering upgrading to your premium service, but when my forum goes down every day or 2, what would make me think the paid kind would be any better??
Premium Hosting has a 99.9% Uptime Guarentee (SLA).

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Premium has a lot less users per servers and is therefore more stable. A lot of people abuse Free, too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ive got an idea, switch my forum to premium hosting, if it stays up 99.9% of the time for a year, i will mail you a check :)

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

i only have a small forum and dont think i abuse it, but without a doubt im gonna have to upgrade to something better if it keeps going down and having these issues. People expect to see the forum when they click that button, and if they dont pretty soon they all go elsewhere. :(

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Is it fixed yet ???

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Thanks for all your help i should have guessed it was server related, as usual :) have a wonderful day

Status
Not open for further replies.