my forum is not working, which do I use "Localhost" or "mysql.x10hosting.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentor

Reaction score
Since the Stoli server move my forum has not worked.

* I upgraded PHP from Basic to Intermediate because apparently this was reset to Basic upon the move.

* I created a new SQL database because the previous one was no longer there.

* When I created a new user for the database I could only use a maximum of seven characters, so I had to change this in the Settings file of the forum.

* I added azx10gxk_ to the db_user.

? Which character encoding do use in the Text Editor: utf-8, us-ascii or iso-8859-1?

? The FAQ's say to use "mysql.x10hosting.com". Someone on the forum say to use "localhost". Which is correct?

These are the errors that I am getting:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Table 'azx10gxk_PrivateName.smf_settings' doesn't exist

Dan

Reaction score
I think both should work.
If you are having real problems, you might want to try reinstalling the forum...

For official support, create a ticket at: http://support.x10hosting.com

Mentor

Reaction score
I didn't have a problem until the server move.
When I re-upgraded the PHP (due to the server move), there was an error msg. I believe it said to contact staff. There was another msg that said Upgrade was pending. The next day the PHP status showed Intermediate. So, I don't know if this had happened properly or has anything to do with the problem.

I believe it may have something to do with the settings. It would be easier to get these right rather than reinstall the forum.

I have submitted a Ticket in Support.
Edit:
What happened to my SQL database?
It was NOT there after the server move.Does x10 have a backup of this?

I believe THIS is the problem!

Last edited:

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem until the server move.
When I re-upgraded the PHP (due to the server move), there was an error msg. I believe it said to contact staff. There was another msg that said Upgrade was pending. The next day the PHP status showed Intermediate. So, I don't know if this had happened properly or has anything to do with the problem.

I believe it may have something to do with the settings. It would be easier to get these right rather than reinstall the forum.

I have submitted a Ticket in Support.
Edit:
What happened to my SQL database?
It was NOT there after the server move.Does x10 have a backup of this?

I believe THIS is the problem!

x10 does not have a backup of your database. And you need to use localhost as the database server.

Mentor

Reaction score
Where is my SQL database? Where did it go? Why is it not there now?

GTKILLA

Reaction score
the cpanel would tell you how much databases you have. Maybe it got deleted somehow? o.o

Mentor

Reaction score
I have submitted a Ticket in Support, I would like Corey to answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.