My freeware apps!

brayden13

Reaction score
nice design on the site, need a lot more freeware downloads though.

PS. leviathon i love your avatar

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you all :biggrin: I'm a freelance web designer so I try to do my best.

Those are some apps that I made for myself and decided to publish. There are some more to come in the near future. I have some projects that are in testing phase and they will be published as soon as I can get some free time.

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Really professional looking site, you have there. I would love to know the software you have used to design it.

I like the way you have made the usual sections like products and downloads etc. My only problem is the number of products. If there are only two products then the home page can be made all inclusive. Also you might want to drop that lower right corner script saying Too cool for IE. Some visitors get irritated by such sticky stuff. FYI, I am not one of them.

Another thing that mars the otherwise professional look are the large images (runner, feedback and download CENTER).

There are some spelling mistakes like "ment" instead of "meant" in the first para.

Also I have a problem with the tag line Keep it simple is mostly heard in the context of KISS (keep it simple stupid). So in a sense, it is a bit insulting. A better tag line would be Software That Keeps It Simple!

Also for those in a tearing hurry, you need to provide a "rush box". Just below the header, or at least below the tag line para, provide the summary of your products and downloads.

Runner logo

Runner is a simple and easy-to-use freeware launcher that will make you forget about desktop icons. With average of 3-5 characters per launch Runner is definitely the fastest and simplest way of launching your apps, files, urls, etc. With built in commands for system shutdown, restart, log off and even web search, it becomes even more usefully.
Version
Size
Details
Download from FreewareFiles.com
Download from this site

sFont logo

sFont is a simple and easy-to-use freeware Font Viewer. Along with standard options, like FontView, CharMap and Zoom, we added Favorites section for you to store your favorite fonts.
Version
Size
Details
Download from Softpedia.com
Download from this site

Also include reviews and testimonials. One way to gather testimonials and provide support is to have a comment form or shout box on the details page of each product.

The details pages are well laid out, the only thing missing are decent screenshots. Provide a link to a screenshot page with at least three screenshots of each product.

The last thing is the license. Create a page called legal and spell out your terms of use.

Amol

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I like reviews more then "Looks great. I wouldn't change anything." posts (sorry Coldfirezz :biggrin: nothing personal). I mean I like when somebody thinks my site is great (who doesn't) but I can't use that to make it better. Real reviews are when somebody points something out or makes a suggestion. "Nothing's perfect", that's my motto.

I would love to know the software you have used to design it.

Dreamweaver, Fireworks (both CS3)

My only problem is the number of products. If there are only two products then the home page can be made all inclusive.

Please read my previous post. This is just the beginning.

Also you might want to drop that lower right corner script saying Too cool for IE.

NEVER!!! Too many times I spent hours, sleepless nights and days trying to figure out why everything looks great in any other browser but not in IE. Why some scripts just refuse to do what I want. This is personal! :rant:

Another thing that mars the otherwise professional look are the large images (runner, feedback and download CENTER).

They have to be. Let me explain something. This website is new (less then a month old) so it looks rather empty. That's why I had to put those large images, to fill some space. Of course, this site will grow like any other and there will be changes but it takes time for that to happened.

There are some spelling mistakes like "ment" instead of "meant" in the first para.

Fixed :biggrin:

Also I have a problem with the tag line Keep it simple is mostly heard in the context of KISS (keep it simple stupid). So in a sense, it is a bit insulting. A better tag line would be Software That Keeps It Simple!

It's just what I wanted to say. Please read the Philosophy para at the about page.

Also for those in a tearing hurry, you need to provide a "rush box". Just below the header, or at least below the tag line para, provide the summary of your products and downloads.

The details pages are well laid out, the only thing missing are decent screenshots. Provide a link to a screenshot page with at least three screenshots of each product.

Of course.

The last thing is the license. Create a page called legal and spell out your terms of use.

I think that freeware speaks for itself but those who are interested in details can read full license before checking “I accept” during the installation instead of checking it instinctively.

Thanks again Amol.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Nice clean look. Easy to use, simple site.

Your lightest font color (used to right of header and a couple of other places) is hard to read against thee white (almost white) background.

I like contact forms, but agree that more reliable methods of contact are better than having potential clients put off by technical problems.

Double check the spelling (star for start, said for say, and some others).

Looks good, good luck,

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like contact forms, but agree that more reliable methods of contact are better than having potential clients put off by technical problems.

I made comment forms at the bottom of each product page to compensate that.

Double check the spelling (star for start, said for say, and some others).

I used Microsoft Word for spell checking. I'm so stupid :nuts:

I would like to know if you had any problems loading the pages (was it slow?). I'm currently not hosting my site on x10 because I had some problems (my domain doesn't work). I posted a ticket three weeks ago. I'm aware of big changes taking place right know here at x10 and I'm here to wait but I couldn't let my site be down for too long. Anyway my current host is not as goog as x10 :biggrin: so I need to know did you have any trouble loading the pages. Thanks.

onyxmoron

Reaction score
The layout of your site is really nice. It's simple and professional-looking and the brightness and openness make it very easy and pleasant to look at.

The only layout thing I noticed is on the products page, the descriptions need more vertical space between them. At first it looks like one long paragraph that spans the entire page (like "Runner is a simple and easy-to-use freeware launcher that sFont is a simple and easy-to-use..."), not two separate ones. Using tables for layout is "a no-no", but since that's how you did it an easy way is to add an empty cell between them and make it however wide you want the space between the blocks of text to be. Although, if it were me I would stack the boxes horizontally instead of side-by-side (although you mentioned you were going to add more things later and change the layout a bit so maybe you had that in mind already).

The one major problem is the misspellings. As other people have mentioned, there are a LOT of them, and they're all over the place. I see at least one misspelling in almost every line of text on the first page alone, even in the image at the top with pre-rendered text. It gives a very "unprofessional" impression that doesn't match the slick look of the site. Spell-checkers are great, but they can't replace careful proofreading. :naughty: It's good to have someone else proofread things for you too. It can be hard to notice spelling and grammar errors in things you've written yourself.

(It actually sounds like you may not be a native speaker of English. That's not meant as an insult, there's nothing wrong being a non-native speaker, but your posts on here doesn't sound as "non-native" as the text on your site so I'm not sure.)

Patrolman

Reaction score
I like the look of your site, nice and clean - professional looking. However as has been mentioned a few times, there are a quite a few spelling mistakes. I'll point out a few where I can see them.

Home Page

1st paragraph
- everithing = everything
- NOTING MORE THEN THAT = NOTHING MORE THAN THAT
- applications thet = applications that

2nd paragraph
- help to star = help to start
- Does freeware sounds = Does freeware sound_ (without s)
- Feal free = Feel free
- to star making = to start making
- your life easyer = your life easier

Products - Runner

1st paragraph
- Do you want to actuality = Do you want to actually
- Did you tried = (maybe) Have you tried (or) Did you try
- couldn't possible imagine = couldn't possibly imagine

2nd paragraph
- With the average = With an average

That's all for now, there may be some more further down the page after the first two paragraphs, and on some of the other pages but I'll post this first just to make sure it's legible and can be understood easily, and maybe i'll get around to making some more corrections a bit later.

It's a nice looking site, I'll have to try the freeware.

Last edited:

KalebSzabo

Reaction score
On your contact page
blarg.png

Some errors to fix.

On the bright side, A nice site for a bright one but I myself prefer darker ones.

:biggrin:
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

xPlozion

Reaction score
i like the design and the programs seem useful, i'm just picky with what i install on my comp. i would like to see what you do in the future ;)

Last edited: