My new project

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I made my first restaurant-motel-hotel like site and I'm pretty happy about how it turned out.

I did everything. Form full site design and development, photo shooting and retouch, to logo and print design. It's all me :biggrin: ... for the first time ... finally :biggrin:

www.evropain.com

It's uploaded yesterday and is still in testing phase so there's no English version yet, but there's not much text anyway.

In the bottom right corner you can see my new logo and company name (Aivel). There's no link cos my portfolio isn't ready yet but I hope it'll be soon ;)

taha116

Reaction score
wow it looks awesome except that i dont get the language..

but still awesome

hungrynez

Reaction score
i like the blending of colors. it suites with the motel theme of yours

lothop

Reaction score
Fantastic!
Love the heading, background and image rotating.

Nicely done!

WinHand

Reaction score
It is a pretty sweet website. Nice work. What did you use, Dreamweaver?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Photoshop all CS4

Not bad for a 1000 euros don't you think ;)

Last edited:

wengalaxy

Reaction score
Nije lose ;)

What script did you use for image rotation? I mean, have you written your own code or...?
Normally I would use flash for that but this looks good.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't use flash for simple things and I have many reasons for that. Instead I like to follow new trends and techniques so I used jQuery plugin call cycle (you can find it here http://malsup.com/jquery/cycle/)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's about 30k of scripts, rest is just size the of images you use. Remember, this script is working with plane images, there's no flash or sivrelight or anything like that, just images moving around or fading ;)

wengalaxy

Reaction score
It's about 30k of scripts, rest is just size the of images you use. Remember, this script is working with plane images, there's no flash or sivrelight or anything like that, just images moving around or fading ;)

Got it... It's something like improved jscripts afaik. ;)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good comments :)

Now I want to know what do all of you think about the photos. I noticed that nobody commented on them and this is the first time I did a full photo shooting and retouch so I'm kind of excited. So please tell me what do you think of them? Thanks ;)

wengalaxy

Reaction score
Retouch is OK but maybe a bit too much of the red spectre (simply too warm and unnatural) in later pics on "Smestaj" pages. ;)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
very nice and clean design

one problem with the script that you are using for the nav. when your cursor is not directly over a text, the box in the background vibrates back and forth, and sort of gets annoying. (i don't know if you have control over that, but you could bring it up with the coder)

also the language select option. (top right) is sort of small and dimmed. the size is actually OK, since it isn't a main point, but since i was an native english speaker, i wanted to actually know what the website was about. but if you could desaturated the icons, or bring up the intensity; because right now it sort of blends in too much

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes I know that, it's cos I used Cannon PowerShot A550 with cloudy filter and vivid colors. The thing is I just bought it and wanted to test it in real world conditions :) but I didn't haven't had time to test it. Photos looked great on small A550 LCD screen but when I got home I saw then on my monitor and they looked different. I tried to do something but without any results. Anyway not bad for a point-and-shoot camera ;)

Announcement
There's an English version available know at http://www.evropain.com/en/

Edit:
one problem with the script that you are using for the nav. when your cursor is not directly over a text, the box in the background vibrates back and forth, and sort of gets annoying. (i don't know if you have control over that, but you could bring it up with the coder)

I don't intend digging into that code right know (it's not mine) but anyway thanks for pointing out.

also the language select option. (top right) is sort of small and dimmed. the size is actually OK, since it isn't a main point, but since i was an native english speaker, i wanted to actually know what the website was about. but if you could desaturated the icons, or bring up the intensity; because right now it sort of blends in too much

I was wondering if that's visible enough :biggrin: now I know the answer. Thanks.

Last edited:

freecrm

Reaction score
Leviathon, I have always been a fan of your "no messing" critique and felt obliged to comment on this thread.

An excellent piece of work.. even in <IE6!

Coloration is spot on for the industry and I love the layout simplicity.

Photography is good throughout and graphic touching up is very pro.

Your page structure and css are very tidy.... even the meta tags are faultless.

No critisism whatsoever - superb!

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks freecrm, that was nice :)

Only thing I'm not proud of is CSS. I had to do do some hacks and workarounds for IE6 so my CSS is not valid (although all pages are XHTML valid :biggrin:). But to be honest I haven't paid that much attention to it.

P.S. I hope people will pay more attention to my critique now :drool: :lol::lol: