My parakeets, George and Ping Pong

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
I got two parakeets named George and Ping Pong I want to tell you about because these parakeets, possibly around Halloween, are going to be mom and dad for the very first time. Since last Thursday, Ping Pong, an Albino parakeet, has laid a total of 4 eggs and I think she's starting to incubate them now. George is a full blue colored parakeet who is her mate. He's going to be the daddy of the clutch soon. I put him inside the cage with Ping Pong months ago when he was wanting so badly to get into the cage with her and I just couldn't help letting him do it. And then, I started to notice they are making what appears to be a nest at the far right corner of the cage so I put a nestbox in that corner of the cage. I have a cage large enough for these 2 birds and the next box to fit nicely in and still have plenty of room for the birds to move about. The nextbox is covered with pieces of shredded newspaper PingPong find no problems building a nest out of it. Obviously this is the right time for her to be a mother. I got her as a baby parakeet almost a year ago and many months later, she's not a baby anymore. She's now a full grown parakeet ready for motherhood. :cool:

I wish I have pics for you to share, but my scanner don't work and I don't have a digital camera to take images of them, so you just going to have to wait until I get images of George and Ping Pong when I get a new scanner and a digital camera. I may have to have mom help me out on this since she has a scanner and a digital camera and I don't unfortunately. When I do get images of George and Ping Pong and their babies, I'll post them on this thread so that you will all see what they're like.

I'll keep up to date on the progress and let you know if anything comes up about my parakeet's clutch.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Sound like nice birds. Hope to see those pics soon!