My Personal Portfolio

dquigley

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to college for web design and I just started a online portfolio for myself. It isn't 100% completed yet as I still need some testimonials and a couple other things, but I would like for opinions, anything that I could do better and such. Thanks everyone :D

http://dquigley.x10hosting.com/

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like the layout, you might consider moving your "take a look at our designs" section down the page a bit as they may be confusing to see different links up where they are even though they are just pictures. Also I think creating a logo or something to fill the top may look a bit nicer than the gray on gray that is there now.

dquigley

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, I need a lot more then just 1 people, help me improve my site :D

futomara

Reaction score
This is difficult because I too am just learning web design. Two things jump out at me... The use of color and the 'boxiness'.

The overall color scheme does not blend well with the colorful Take A Look At Our Designs banner. The color from the banner jumps out. The rest of the color on the site is boring in comparison. Also, though a nice effect in the banner, it is confusing. I offer no advice on how to improve this. Sorry.

The use of many boxes is overwhelming. That is, in my opinion, there are too many columns. Perhaps using rounded corners might soften the overall boxy impression.

Of course, this is just one opinion, mine. I too posted my first web site http://www.spunchops.com, and have posted to Review My Site, so maybe you can check my site out and offer feedback. You know what they say about payback. lol

Also, be sure to check your site validates properly at W3C. You have many validation errors. For instance, you are using 2 DTD's on the page. I suspect validation errors are causing slow loads of you pages and maybe other problems.

Regards,

~Futomara

dquigley

Reaction score
Very much appreciate the feedback, I will definitely take your guys feedback into serious consideration. I will make sure to give u a site review too, it may take a day or two since I am getting ready to go to a christmas eve party, thanks again!