My Personal Website

catz154

Reaction score
Ok, so I have been working on this website since summer 2008, I have progressed from my last designs, and also, I am not attending classes, so hopefully in the end it will not be so amateurish.

Tips, criticism, anything you have to say about it, TELL ME!!!

http://www.juststuff.co.cc

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looking pretty good so far, the nuts an bolts behind the screen could benefit from a few tweeks but aside from that it shows some promise. I would take a guess and say that you are happy with the design but are having difficulty making it behave quite the way you desire.

DynamicDrive.com might be worth a visit. Mostly javascript snippits but look for the PHP gallery script. This will auto create thumbnails [all the same size] and display them in a grid format on the page, all you have to do is tell it what folder to look at. Saves a lot of messing about.

They also do a nice selection of image scrollers, and because it's all cut and paste html/javascript there are no annoying offsite links eg: widget powered by.. and BTW Go visit morguefile.com for free photostock

Another CSS 'trick' that might be useful is that of Embedded Fonts, this allows you to actually write fancy text to the page itself rather than use images. This means Google can actually read more of the page content and index you better.

mattblog

Reaction score
Very nice website and nice programing skills. The only thing i would suggest is making the background go lower down and then stop the background from scrolling.

~Matt

catz154

Reaction score
cybrax - Thanks for the links! You have my problem down perfect, and I have been looking for a place where I could get scripts, since that is one thing I still have not been able to sit and teach myself.

catz154

Reaction score
MAttblog- I noticed the same thing you are talking about last time I updated it, I have yet to fix the problem.

catz154

Reaction score
I love it, I think though that maybe your image on the top, should be a whole banner that spans the whole top of the page

Zenax

Reaction score
Hey,

Its looking good at the moment. I am liking the colour scheme and the design, it is very graphical ... which I like in sites.

A few glitches .... Expand the header image to cross the top completly. Remove the footer image, to me it looks out of place with the rest of it!

Looking at some of your past designs ... you have defintaly progressed in your designing capabilities, and I congratulate you on the design, especially if most of it is self taught lol.

I really should get back into the web design but I tend to drift off to other things when I start it up again!

Well done and good luck for the future!

Regards,
Zenax

catz154

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I have always thought my footer image didn't go, but couldn't think of anything else to put on it.
Yes, most of my designing abilities are all self-taught.
Thanks again!

shant93

Reaction score
It looks awesome, seriously awesome, but here's a tip for everybody making dark layouts:

Pure white text on a practically black background is painful on the eyes for some people, so you might try changing if to #eee or something. It's your choice.

Besides from that, it looks great.

v4xde

Reaction score
it is good.
the effect of darkness on the overall site gave me a different imopression at the begining.
try with pale green and put that wanderfull picture of the cat on the front page and than serve as backgroung for the hole site, it will look even better.
v

catz154

Reaction score
V-
Thanks for that idea, I like it, I'll prob try it out and see how it looks, my only worry would be it being to busy, but I am sure transparency will help out in the respect.