My PHP Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_man

Reaction score
Hi,
When I log in to My Account Panel, it tells me I am running "PHP 5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic", but when I click the "Upgrade PHP Version" button, it tells me "This feature isn't activated and I should be running PHP V2".

Is there any reason why these versions don't tally up. I plan to use Wordpress, with a few SEO features on my site. Any ideas as to if I need my PHP upgrading??

Many thanks
Darren

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This system is not implemented yet, and everyone is on php v2 right now.

What error are you getting?

huzzad

Reaction score
Hi,
When I log in to My Account Panel, it tells me I am running "PHP 5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic", but when I click the "Upgrade PHP Version" button, it tells me "This feature isn't activated and I should be running PHP V2".

Is there any reason why these versions don't tally up. I plan to use Wordpress, with a few SEO features on my site. Any ideas as to if I need my PHP upgrading??

Many thanks
Darren

I got this message as well. I went to upgrade my PHP because PHP runs very slow on the site, which is why I think I need to upgrade tio version 5.

Is there anyway I can check to see which PHP version I actually have, and if 2, can I upgrade to 5?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
In your cpanel. You can see your php version It says 5.2.10

The default Version everybody uses here 2. That is the level of restrictions we have on php functions to use. That means PHP 5.2.10 version 2

This is more than enough for a normal sites. AFAIK You don't require any upgradation

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

huzzad

Reaction score

The default Version everybody uses here 2. That is the level of restrictions we have on php functions to use. That means PHP 5.2.10 version 2

This is more than enough for a normal sites. AFAIK You don't require any upgradation

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate. It just seems that everything I do in PHP is very slow. Sometimes its fast, sometimes its slow, othertimes it times out. Any ideas what it might be, if not the version?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Could be some user who abuses it, but those users will be suspended as fast as our script detects them

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

Hope this helps.

Actually, that's not quite right.

The 'version 2' as you call it, isn't a release version, it's a set of security restrictions. Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced. Basic applies the most restrictions, intermediate allows some more functions -- less secure, but more useful. Advanced is unrestricted, and rarely granted. If I remember correctly, you can't be given this automatically, and have to justify why it should be given to you.

chrisdm

Reaction score
Try to make a file eg. phpinfo.php with contents:
<?php phpInfo(); ?>

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
phpinfo is disabled, but other functions can provide some of the same information (e.g. phpversion()).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.