my site + 1 winner

frankfriend

Reaction score
OK, got there.
The blue screen background looks as if you are about to 404, if it loads slowly.

The links hyperlink goes to an html page

The quote note in red on the front page looks as if it is going to go somewhere else.

What was the purpose of the infintiron etc?

Actualy, it is quite a good looking design so keep on with it. It looks clear. You might consider making the main box much larger, with larger type.

Don't say you may turn something down because you can't do it - you could say that in a private reply if it happens - but always try to find a way to do something. Bet you can if you try!

haslam1

Reaction score
thanks good reveiw can't top it will take most advice you win credits

Coonz

Reaction score
Another thing you may try is chipping away that top margin. Sets the whole page down a lot. In my opinion, the top margin shouldn't be more than the bottom and in your case it is. And if you haven't noticed, the top margin fluctuates depending on the page.

By the way, adding some width to it may be something to try as i think frank stated.

dhruv227

Reaction score
I went to your website and saw the title bar first stating " Home " which i didn't liked. Instead of " Home" You could have add Ali's Design or something to make it more convincing. On your website you stated that you are only 16 but can charge above 40 pounds, it sounds very un-convincing, instead add something and don't reveal your age or some may just think how can kids can charge up to something huge like 40 pounds.
Now coming to your website back,
Quite a nice and simple design. Liked it. But you should make your main body a little more longer and add more content and show some demos. I clicked on the Links Pages and it showed a windows with the html text, which is big NO NO. You should improve your logo a bit. It's only text, get it done from someone or else i can make on for you at low cost. And i liked the background image - simple and elegant.
But however, your website lacked some spice and sounded very un-convincing, maybe if was someone to get a website done from you, i may had opted out of the Idea.
Good Luck

Overall Rating : 6/10

speedy26

Reaction score
well when i entered your site it was verry dull the navigator was a disgusting colour and the margins were to big. if you want to make it more popular then i suggest using bright colours and were you have put the price as about £40, you should put a sale on it temporerely if your the one who is charging it and dont us ethe same text over and over again. use things like bubble writing and i dont like your title. to make it stand out more then if you animate or are thinking about learning about animation i suggest flash cs3, use it to make and animated logo for your title. the idea of the site is briiliant though i must say you must be making a lot of money m8. and for under 16s aswell, i mean im only 14 so thats good that teens that cant get a job can make some money!! well done

four100d

Reaction score
My Review:

1. Navigation/Pages

Your Home page is an HTML page.
Your About page is an HTM page.
Your Contact page is a PHP page.
Your Links page is an SHTM page. (Won't load properly for me, code only)
Your Extra page is a PHP page.

Unless there is some specific reason to do so, you should be consistent with your pages. (HTML, or PHP, etc...)

What is the purpose of the Extra page. Unless potential customers can get some benefit or information out of it, then why have that page. What exactly does extra mean (as far as your services or site goes)? Extra services you offer? Extra money customers might have to pay?

2. Page Titles and Meta Tags

You should name your page titles better.

Examples:

"Home - Ali's Designs: Low Cost, Effective Web Design."

or

"About - Ali's Designs"

Not

"HOME" or "ALI"

Also, you do not have meta tags for description or keywords. Though they are not as important as they used to be, I would still use them.

3. Content

The About page content doesn't really tell much more about you than the content on the Home page.

Content such as this:
Web pages such as these can be created# I.E. A simple HTML/CSS*

#A quote is still needed and some sites can't be created due to lack in some skills.

*note: other scripts and code can be created but not always.
Is confusing. One, it's on your About page, and two, if you were someone who knows nothing about web design could you understand that?

You need a Services (Our Services, Design Services, etc.) page. Also, you should only list what you CAN do, not what you CAN'T do. If someone asks for something more that you can do, simply tell them we do not offer that service. I didn't really get a good idea of the services you offer.

Explain the services you offer, show examples, spice it up. You have to "Sell It!"

For example, "We offer clean, simple, yet effective website design that will get your site online fast, and won't empty your pockets."

This: "get your ad here."

You are using the right hand column on the About page to advertise selling advertisement space. I'm sure there is a better use for that space. At first you will not have a high number of visitors to your site, so the benefit of people using that space for ads is pretty much nothing.

You want to sell your design services, not your ad space.

Here are some useful links about site design and content:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/06/design-to-sell-12-tips-to-help-your-website-convert/

http://www.webappers.com/2009/04/06/25-most-useful-blogs-for-web-design-development/?

http://psd.tutsplus.com/designing-tutorials/9-essential-principles-for-good-web-design/

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/thedisciplineofcontentstrategy/

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/biggest-mistakes-in-web-design-1995-2015.html

If I were you, I would spend some time looking at other Web Design sites, and study how they are designed. Study it all; the content, layout, navigation, colors, graphics, etc...

I like the small, minimal layout you have, I just think you need to work on the things I mentioned above.

Well, that's my review... :)

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Give four100d the credits. He/she definitely earned it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I remember making you a header for that template but can't seam to find the thread. I remember giving you a full review on this and also made you that logo you're using know :D

I just wonder what happened to that? Do you need that header again (cos I still have it)? I also still have those illustrated reviews I made to point outs some things relate to design.