Resolved My site is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliallwo

Reaction score
My site is gone and I don't know why. I got an email stating I was being suspended because my email was spamming people? I don't even use the email associated with the hosting FOR NOTHING. so how is it spamming people?

Now the site is gone.

What do I do now?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is always a default email account.

Looking at notes for the account it appears it is due to a compromise on your account. Someone has uploaded an email sending application on your account. I'll leave this one to our abuse officer to look at and help sort it as best possible.

@Livewire could you take a look.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like malware was uploaded into your WordPress install; the files in question were sent to wp-includes/Requests, but there's also malware in the wp-contnt folder (note the missing "e").

To help with this the malware's already been removed, but once the suspension finishes lifting you'll need to take immediate action to resecure the account - it is safe to assume there is additional malware present, so we'd recommend reinstalling WordPress from fresh, vendor supplied files, and taking the actions outlined in the guide below to help ensure the install stays secure against malware in the future:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/hardening-wordpress/

aliallwo

Reaction score
Thank you guys! Yes once it's up, I'll do a fresh install. How long does it take for the site to come back up?

Again, thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account should be back to working order, the site not working for the moment can be related to the above, some infected files may have been removed causing wordpress to not work properly.

Seeing as it is giving an http 500 error it could also be due to php version not being compatible with the wordpress install you have. You can switch this under "Extra Fetures".

Also the error log under "System info & files" could hold some clue as to why you have that error.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@aliallwo Is your issue resolved? Please let us know if you need any help or this thread will be closed soon.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@aliallwo I'm closing this thread due to lack of activity. Please create a new thread if the need arises. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.