My SQL database appears in PHPMyAdmin but not in cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

elinthorsthoman36

Reaction score
Hi there,

1. I am trying to restore my database from a back up file, as my site previously crashed. This file created the database and its filled tables.
Somehow it does not appear in CPanel and therefore my site cannot connect to this as a user is not linked to the database itself.
2. How do I delete databases from PHPMy admin? I have no rights to do a drop database?

Many Thanks

Ewoud

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
You are using 2 databases shown in your cPanel account. You are only allowed 2 databases in a free hosting account.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi there,

1. I am trying to restore my database from a back up file, as my site previously crashed. This file created the database and its filled tables.
Somehow it does not appear in CPanel and therefore my site cannot connect to this as a user is not linked to the database itself.
2. How do I delete databases from PHPMy admin? I have no rights to do a drop database?

Many Thanks

Ewoud

Databases themselves have to be managed directly from cPanel. To restore a backup you need to first create the database in cPanel, then access it from phpMyAdmin and use the Import function to restore from a file.

elinthorsthoman36

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,

Currently I only have a back up file that creates a full SQL database with filled tables.
My knowledge of SQL is limited so the only way for me is to upload the backup file first.
This means it does not appear in cpanel and I cannot assign a user, so I am stuck.

The main reason I am in this trouble is that PHP was recently upgraded to 5.3.6.
When trying to fix this I killed my site.
My site does not handle this version.

Can you help me somehow?

Many Thanks

Ewoud

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The main reason I am in this trouble is that PHP was recently upgraded to 5.3.6.
When trying to fix this I killed my site.
My site does not handle this version.
Is this because of deprecated functions? If so, then there are many alternatives there; just look on Google.

elinthorsthoman36

Reaction score
Can you somehow activate the SQL databases so they all appear in cpanel?
This way I can clean it up.
I may have found a work around for php issue, hopefully that works. I first have to reconnect my site to the database that I have a back up file for.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

If I use my back up file on an existing database it throws an error that it already exists.
Therefore I would like to do it via PHPMyadmin

And I cannot delete the databases from PHP my admin to clean up databases that I do not use.

Thanks
Ewoud

Status
Not open for further replies.