My User Folder is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask why my user folder under the '/home' folder is missing? It happened weeks ago but it is still missing. I am always visiting the forum ever since I got blocked once. It is so weird.

Here's the page I am getting:

Screenshot.png

I tried to access my files via cPanel File Explorer and when I try to create a file this is the message I get:

Screenshot-1.png

Someone please help

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 13

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems you are affected by the issue with accounts as noted at: http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/165237-boru-account-issues-after-upgrades.html

Unfortunately the best solution is deleting and recreating the account, all files are sadly gone permanently but databases are intact.

If you currently have any databases that would need being backed up before terminating the account, please do so using the export option in phpMyAdmin, and let us know when you have done so. If you encounter any issues with backing them up let us know and we can help out with making backups available to you, please include your database names in that case.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe that there is a way to "revive" the account, rather than terminate/signup. The files are still gone, but for those who already have an account, it is a way around the country block.

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
:) Really? How? I have tried registering through a web proxy but the CAPTCHA is not showing up (well I have not yet tried numerous web proxies). I also tried creating the user folder in hopes of working, but still no luck.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The "retrieval" would in this case be re-creating the account server side, if you have any databases you would need to back them up using the export function in phpMyAdmin first though.

I'll escalate this for further handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.