my webpage is not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
No, that does not work either. Also, I noticed that on my webpage clicking on an image all i get it a blank box That has to be a problem with x10hosting because if i get my webpage I should be able to get my pop up images, right?

battlingmaxo

hi there friend i ve just had a look at your site and clicked on the photos and they open up in a new box ? all works fine for me ?

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
The images work for you like they work for everyone but not for me. I have had this problem almost a week now but what's really frustrating is that i can not access my Cpanel so i can update me site. Yesterday my site started working except for pop ups and Cpanel not working so hopefully soon it will work again. Some here thought it to be Att blocking out that page but i checked with Att and they could find nothing wrong

battlingmaxo

phoenix2010

Reaction score
Could it be your browser blocking the pop ups ? Have you tried different browsers to view your web site ?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
When the problem seems to be limited to you (or to your environment) it can really only be diagnosed from your end. If you are using Chrome/Chromium or Firefox with Firebug, you have access to tools that can monitor what's going on. It sounds like most of what you're experiencing at the moment is failed (timed-out) requests (images not loading; scripts not loading). If you're using Chrome, open the Developer Tools and look at the timeline. You may also be able to use a network traffic monitor to see what's happening to the individual requests.

The fact is, though, that if what is happening at your end is only happening at your end, then you have to look at your end. (As for AT&T call center people, well, they get an awful lot of irate people calling them up saying "THE INTERNET IS BROKEN!!!!!". Most of the time, it's a user error or a site experiencing some down time. Their scripts tell them to look in that direction, and it's hard to get them off-script. Most of the time, you'll be talking to someone earning just over minimum wage, not an engineer/tech. You really need to press when you know that what they're telling you is wrong, and you know it's wrong because the whole rest of the world is experiencing no problem.)

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
Yeah, i use I E and firefox, not chrome and the probelm is with both Like i said before it was working fine I just got Att less than a month ago and everything worked fine until about a week ago, for no reason that i can see, I made no changes in that last week, in fact the only reason i knew my page was down is because i have it as my default page. Yes i was getting timed out requests until 2 days ago when the page worked fine but the popup pic did not and i still can't get my cpanel. My pop-up blocker is disabled
battlingmaxo

bobgalka

Reaction score
I have the same issues... my internet provider is AT&T and running tracert to my web site times out at one of AT&T's ip address. I talked to AT&T level 2 and 3 and was told my address was blackholed and that someone from x10hosting.com needs to email them and request that it be removed from the blackhole status. I posted the request here but have not gotten a reply from the X10hosting staff if they have done so yet.

bob

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
I glad your site is up. Now for some reason my pop ups are working but I still can't access my Cpanel. A little more help x10 hosting. I need to update my tired old site.

battlingmaxo

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Whilst cPanel doesn't work it might be worth trying this: https://x10hosting.com/wiki/FTP_Details

If you don't have a FTP client (or don't know what one is), and are using Windows, you can use Windows Explorer to access ftp; put ftp://<your-site-url>/ in the address bar, and use your cPanel username and password to authenticate. If it doesn't ask for a password and just shows what appears to be an empty folder, right click where the files and folders should be, and choose Login As. I use the WinSCP client for uploading files to my sites; it's slightly more complicated, but I like it. If you do try that out, make sure you choose FTP instead of SCP in the dropdown box.

If it errors...well, we're back to square one unfortunately, but if it works... Fingers crossed :)

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help Sharky, I appreciate it, but guess what, today my got into my Cpanel!!!!!!
I couldn't believe it. One last question I wanted to ask instead of starting a new thread. I am using
Sitespinner, a wysiwyg editor, it has a built-in FTP I am not uploaded in over 3 years,am rusty
Do I have to delete my old site or will it overwrite old content?
I know i have to use pass and login name. The dialog box also asking for "Remote publish directory"
and "FTP login data" Do i need to fill those in? if so what are they?
If you don't know i can find out on the SS forum I am just askling here becuase you seem to know this

battlingmaxo

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Most FTP clients will overwrite, either with a prompt [Yes/No] or a pre-set setting (overwrite all)

I would make a backup of the old site and then delete the old site, to keep clutter down. Do not delete anything outside of public_html unless you know what you are doing. Do not delete public_html itself.

Remote directory should be /public_html

FTP login data? host can just be absolut.x10hosting.com and user your cPanel username.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
And also don't delete the contents of the www directory thinking it is a duplicate. It is not. If you delete that, it's the same as deleting public_html: your site is gone!

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
Yeah the upload worked great and easy too. The only thing is that some of the images on 2d and 3d art, the pop ups don't work, some do. I tried looking at my site with mozilla and everything works fine so I assume my setting on IE might be the problem, but that does not explain why some images work and others don't. if it was my settings they should all work or all not work. i am not complaing though. It's great to have my site back up. thanks to everyone who responded

battlingmaxo

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Exactly which ones do/do not.

Richard Matheson fan?

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
On the 2d art page I did not check all images, but Angelina jolie, Tom Cruise, Brad pitt, and Johnny Depp don't work But they do on Mozilla. On the 3d art page, don't smoke, gang banger, bumpy apples, gladiator in attack stance, and Angelina 3D don't work with IE. but all work in mozilla 3.6.8.

Yeah, I got that name from a "twilght zone" rerun. Very good you are the second person to notice that

battlingmaxo

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
That's what i figured, so long as others have no problem that's okay, and a s long as i can access my Cpanel I am happy.

battlingmaxo

xtramone

Reaction score
Using mozilla 3.6.8 that is an old browser there. I am using firefox 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.