My website down for many days

Status
Not open for further replies.

apbg2801

Reaction score
Hi X10,

My website seems to be down for the last many days. Please look into it. I've waited for things to come back to normalcy but..

I can however access my cPanel and phpMyAdmin.

Details:
package: free

Still believe that X10 is best. TIA :happysad:

* Edit:
Sometimes I'm getting: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Last edited:

apbg2801

Reaction score
I know the up-gradation and other positive stuffs that the staffs are doing on "Lotus". Just poked the forum because it is taking very long.

TC. :dunno:

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
since lotus is being transfered to a new server, I guess that is bound to take a bit time. Dunno exactly how many accounts are on the server, but there's probably a fairly large number.

Note that during this process lotus will be getting a new IP, it is possible that the name server has been updated so that your domain points to the new server, but not all files are moved for your account yet. Does seem to be the case for you, since going to the old IP (http://69.162.70.130/~apbg/assamchess.org/) does work for your site.

Also it is important that you make sure that the database host is set to localhost.

apbg2801

Reaction score
Thanks a lot LadyAnna. Very helpful indeed. I hope X10 will sort out the nuances and my site will be back soon.

Edit:
I'm getting these types of errors when loitering around the cPanel.

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x3/index.php) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your web hosting provider.

cpaneld/11.24 Server at lotus.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x3/index.php) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your web hosting provider.

cpaneld/11.24 Server at lotus.x10hosting.com

Hi apbg2801,

You are receiving that error because you entered the wrong URL for your cPanel home page. The URL should be ./frontend/x3/index.html instead of index.php. If you change the .php to .html, the page will work again.

- Adam

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
adamparkzer said:
You are receiving that error because you entered the wrong URL for your cPanel home page.

He didn't enter the URL. cPanel did. Some of the links with the "Home" icon are messed up. Old issue.

apbg2801

Reaction score
Dear and THE Almighty ones out there... any time frame on when my site will be back??

It's almost a week if I'm right. An honest reply would be very much appreciated. I don't dare complaining for the free service I/we are getting, but a reply will help me make some decisions.

TIA.
Edit:

Got the answer from here http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/110021-latest-news.html. But isn't 1 month too long??

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.