My website has been removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romin

Reaction score
I have been away for some time due to personal reasons. Now that I am back, I see my website is no longer present. I thought my account is suspended, so I logged in to unsuspend my account. As soon as I login my forum account is active however my hosting account has been removed! :mad:

The only option I have when I click the hosting tab is to create a new account. Listen to me clear and loud, I need an answer to this ridiculous action! That hosting account had my files to my website and it was connected with a mySQL database. That was my only copy, I want my website back!

My Website URL: php-scripting.co.uk ( Not sure on the x10hosting URL. I think it was php-scripting.x10hosting.com or phpscripting.x10hosting.com )

Hope to hear asap.
Romin

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you did not log into the forums at least once within 31 days, it suspends you for inactivity. 14 days later, it removes your account from the system. Once this happens we do not have backups, as part 6 of the TOS states -you- are responsible for all backups.

Has it been more than 45 days since you last accessed the computer before today? If yes then your account is completely gone and we can't recover it. It's also not a "ridiculous action" - it's part of the TOS you agreed to on signup.

Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 14 day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://x10hosting.com/forums at least ONCE every 31 days. Accounts must also have a working website within one week.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
After 31 days of not logging in accounts are suspended, 14 days (or more) after the suspension was placed, account would be terminated, all data removed.

This is all outlined in the Terms of Service, under the section inactivity:
Terms said:
Inactivity

Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 14 day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://x10hosting.com/forums at least ONCE every 31 days. Accounts must also have a working website within one week.

Last edited:

Romin

Reaction score
WAT! it is a darn ridiculous action becuase I unsuspended my account 20 days ago, just becuase I did not login during them 20 days, you remove my account! Thats not even a month! Get one thing clear, I had too much money invested into my website. My website template was £25 and my domain was £12 over two years, that is £37.

To be honest it's really a shame, at least beofre removing someones hard work you should back it up and give it to them, ithen you should remove someones website. Ohh well £37 in the bin including 6 mounths intense PHP coding.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said it clearly outlined in the TOS this would happen to accounts that are found to be inactive. Each account holder have a minimum of 14 days to reinstate the account before it is removed (the minimum time an account would remain suspended before being flagged for termination).

If you unsuspended WITHOUT visiting the forum at the same time, the account would have been suspended again within a couple days (which you would have been alerted to through e-mail), since the last forum visit would still have been more then 31 days back.

What was the cPanel user name? We can check if, and when, the account actually was removed using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.