My website is extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitza

Reaction score
Hey guys, my website is extremely slow loading, i have nothing on there and it loads slow, i had SMF on there and i thought it was that so i removed that and installed PHPBB But it is still very slow, i have tested other things on there and they are also slow.
I have nothing installed, no plugin/mods and it is reallly slow.

Do you think you could maybe switch me to a different server or something? I just need the speed issue fixed.
I would prefer for me, to switch to a different server, please.
Thanks, mike.

Oh, and my username for hosting is blitza

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys, my website is extremely slow loading, i have nothing on there and it loads slow, i had SMF on there and i thought it was that so i removed that and installed PHPBB But it is still very slow, i have tested other things on there and they are also slow.
I have nothing installed, no plugin/mods and it is reallly slow.

Do you think you could maybe switch me to a different server or something? I just need the speed issue fixed.
I would prefer for me, to switch to a different server, please.
Thanks, mike.

Oh, and my username for hosting is blitza

Hi blitza,

Your site(forum) is loading fine for me. Flush your dns --> http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=16, Clear your browser cache and try again.

blitza

Reaction score
No you don't understand, other hosts and websites are fine, just mine, i'm not the only one experiencing the slow website, a couple of users have said, thats why i posted here.

I flushed my DNS and run C-Cleaner, still the same?...
Please just change my server! :dunno:

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
Which ISP are you and your users on?

Maybe its an ISP issue.

blitza

Reaction score
Well i'm Sky, and i live in the UK, crosby is american and jordan is canadian, i don't know what ISP they are
Edit:
I even got 2 more users to have a look at the website, to see if it is slow for them too. It is slow for BOTH of them, that means that all of my users are experiencing slow website.

Please just swap the server, as i am really considering quitting tomorrow if it isn't swapped.

Last edited:

subf0cus

Reaction score
So is mine. :dunno:
Now my site is completely gone and replaced with
Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

royyuuki

Reaction score
I am experiencing this too. My website won't load for about 90% of the time (just an approximation). It's also hosted here at x10hosting.com. Is there a heavy traffic problem on the server these past few days? If a moderator happens to read this, please reply. Thank you so much.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
So is mine. :dunno:
Now my site is completely gone and replaced with
Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

@subf0cus, your forum account is not linked to hosting account can you provide us your cpanel username,

Create your own thread, Don't Hijack others support thread

I am experiencing this too. My website won't load for about 90% of the time (just an approximation). It's also hosted here at x10hosting.com. Is there a heavy traffic problem on the server these past few days? If a moderator happens to read this, please reply. Thank you so much.

@royyuuki your site is loading fine for me. flush your DNS and clear browser cache , Try again.
Create your own thread, Don't Hijack others support thread

blitza

Reaction score
Okay guys i didn't want it to get to this. I WILL be leaving tomorrow if you don't swap my server or something, it isn't my side or any of our users since we are located around the world. Otherwise i'll be switching host.

Unfortunatly i don't want to! I thought X10Hosting was one of the best, it offers paid hosting services for free! Not this time though.
Please take note.

olliepop

Reaction score
x10 has been great for me, i've been using it since 07. But ever since this last maintenance (chopin was down for like 1.5 weeks) it's been horrible in my opinion. I can't possibly imagine what they would have done..

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
I WILL be leaving tomorrow if you don't swap my server or something,

I think It's not a good idea to threaten...

Have you tried to enter your site throught a proxy? www.hidemyass.com

ghardin

Reaction score
My site has been loading VERY slowing for 2 weeks now! I often get 404 errors for pages, then go back and reload them and after a long time, sometimes more than a minute, the page loads, then something else gets an error. I am using x10 for development and I just can not tolerate the slow access, the down times, the no responses form staff and support on issues. i am tired of hearing about the chopin fiasco and if there are those kinds of problems and they appear to be ongoing, then this is NOT were I want to work, nor will it be my choice for paid hosting when the development is done. It would extremely positive if someone form X10 STAFF, not volunteers, makes an appearance on these forums and tells us EXACTLY what is going on and what the causes are and what is being done to FIX it! Then we can all make our decisions about how we want to proceed from an informed point of view rather than everyone getting pissed off about the total lack of response to our problems.
Is that too much to ask?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
My site has been loading VERY slowing for 2 weeks now! I often get 404 errors for pages, then go back and reload them and after a long time, sometimes more than a minute, the page loads, then something else gets an error. I am using x10 for development and I just can not tolerate the slow access, the down times, the no responses form staff and support on issues. i am tired of hearing about the chopin fiasco and if there are those kinds of problems and they appear to be ongoing, then this is NOT were I want to work, nor will it be my choice for paid hosting when the development is done. It would extremely positive if someone form X10 STAFF, not volunteers, makes an appearance on these forums and tells us EXACTLY what is going on and what the causes are and what is being done to FIX it! Then we can all make our decisions about how we want to proceed from an informed point of view rather than everyone getting pissed off about the total lack of response to our problems.
Is that too much to ask?

It's a free host. We do our best to provide the best experience for our users for FREE. If you wish, why don't you try running 5+ free servers with not free software on them. The free servers barely make us money, the only money made from it is from advertisements... so stop complaining.

As for getting x10 staff to reply:

Community Advocates and above ARE x10staff. And good luck getting anyone that's not a volunteer to reply because we are all volunteers. We don't get paid to do this. We give up our time to deal with the issues of our free hosting users and fix them in a timely manner. Which leads me to my next point:

If you don't like it, LEAVE.

If you don't like the service we provide, and all you're going to do is complain (which really gets no one anywhere..), then we don't want you here.

If you are experiencing issues, why not open a support thread of your own where our VOLUNTEER staff will assist you in any way we can. Your site loads fine for me. It loads in ~ 5 seconds, which is understandable because I'm not on a very fast connection and your site is very graphics and javascript intensive. This is most likely what is causing your issues with speed.

DO NOT HIJACK SUPPORT THREADS! CREATE YOUR OWN!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the original poster:

It must be something on your end, because it's all fine on our end. It may just be that the internet connection (yours or ours) is slowing down because of lag, which is to be expected with a bunch of accounts packed onto one server.

Is your site working any better now?

I believe that your speed issues may have been caused by your browser caching the files for PHPbb3. (I haven't confirmed this), but I think that you posted at the time we were having issues with mySQL on free servers, which may have contributed to your speed issues seeing as phpbb3 is mySQL driven.

Thanks,

Last edited:

blitza

Reaction score
Well i decided to stay because of it speeded back up for some reason, and now today i get some big Mysql error? help please?
Thanks you.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
MYSQL server is down at the moment.Admins are aware about that
This is a temporary issue & will be resolved soon.

We didnt get any ALERT or STATUS UPDATE from admins. so cant tell when it will be solved

Status
Not open for further replies.