My website is still showing the website coming soon message

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmreiche

Reaction score
I parked my custom domain last night and it is still showing the:
Website Coming Soon
Your website is currently being setup on our servers, this page is temporary until your ISP updates its DNS cache. You may be able to speed up this process byflushing your DNS.

I was wondering what the status is. Thank you in advance :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any parked domain for your account when I check your cPanel right now. What should the domain be?

crossro2

Reaction score
The website on x10 is http://crossroadsdesigns.x10host.com/ the domain I parked is crossroadsdesignsonline.com I apologize I was on my phone and didn't realize I was logged into the wrong forum account. This is the one that belongs to the person I am building the site for.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that your parked domain is now working (clear your browser history and cache)

The bad news is that you set up a 301 Moved Perminantly redirect to the crossroadsdesigns.x10host.com so that is the URL that ends up in the address bar.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the redirection is either caused by when you set up the parked domain OR by your CMS (AbanteCart).
First step(s)
Check cPanel -> Parked Domain and make sure that where it is listed "Redirected to" says "not redirected"
Check cPanel -> FileManager in /public_html, open the file .htaccess and make sure there are no redirects. If you do not know what to look for, post the contents here inside CODE tags ( use the '<>' button in the editor)

crossro2

Reaction score
Alright it says that it is being redirected to the x10 address. How would I need to change that to "fix" it? I am afraid I am going to mess this whole thing up :\ And again ty so much for all your help :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 5

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Just click the button that says "Disable Redirection"
After you do that you should clear your browser cache and history (the redirect info can get stored in your browser).

crossro2

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!! We are up and running. I was afraid if I hit disable redirection it would mean it wouldn't send it to the site. You seriously just made my week! :)

crossro2

Reaction score
They are all showing up correctly now. I didn't change anything at all, but after I logged in it "fixed" itself. Thank you so much for all your help, and for going way above and beyond what I expected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.