My Wordpress blog has become corrupt after domain change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmathur

Reaction score
http://11blog.co.cc/ used to work. Now all the pages are broken and only the main screen works. I cant even log on as a admin on it. Do i have to chnage some settings to get it to work again?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you change or delete any files

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to change all the URLS in your blog to the new URL.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Another method to change your WP URL is:

Go to cPanel and then phpMyAdmin.

Select your Wordpress database.

Go to Export and save a backup of it. Save another backup just in case.

With the downloaded .sql file, open it with a text editor (no word processors) that has a find and replace function like Notepad++.

Find and replace all instances of your old URL with your new URL.

Go back to phpMyAdmin.

Drop all tables in your database. (Be sure you have an original backup before doing this)

Import the newly edited .sql file.

You're done. If anything goes wrong, you always have your backup.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Techairlines, I have tried that before, if you do that it gives you a WHITE BLANK page.

dmathur

Reaction score
IDK, now I just want to get my old thing back. I changed the domain agin but your thing keeps giving anerror. The backup server thing program that you have keeps saying host not found. :( What is the credentials for the backup manerger.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Techairlines, I have tried that before, if you do that it gives you a WHITE BLANK page.

Oh okay. I didn't realize that would happen.

I got the methods from here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

IDK, now I just want to get my old thing back. I changed the domain agin but your thing keeps giving anerror. The backup server thing program that you have keeps saying host not found. :( What is the credentials for the backup manerger.

Did you try the link Derek posted above? http://www.fayazmiraz.com/wordpress-blog-url-change/

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

If you by backup server thing program refer to r1soft, it is currently not available.

dmathur

Reaction score
darn it, when I try to move my domain back to the old 1 it gives me error messages. Can you clear something?

Status
Not open for further replies.