Votes: 9 23.7%
  • phpBB

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

tcrow777

Reaction score
Which one is better?

-Timothy

PS: We are debating over err... comparing the latest stable versions of the software.

Last edited:

Slothie

Reaction score
Just a matter of preference really, phpBB3 is my choice but probably that's because I've invested quite a bit of time working on mods for it.

I do like its somewhat cleaner code compared to myBB though.

tcrow777

Reaction score
Just a matter of preference really, phpBB3 is my choice but probably that's because I've invested quite a bit of time working on mods for it.

I do like its somewhat cleaner code compared to myBB though.
I have seen several examples of people migrating from phpBB to myBB, but never the other way around.

-Timothy

coolv1994

Reaction score
i like mybb because its like vbulletin and phpbb3 has too much security i think so its pretty much personal prefrences

Kraze_T

Reaction score
i think phpbb is better because more people use it and also more and better mods are for it

tcrow777

Reaction score
i think phpbb is better because more people use it and also more and better mods are for it
Just because more people use certain software dose not make it better (i.e. Windows vs. Linux/FreeBSD) and there are very few mods available for phpBB3.

-Timothy

RocKz

Reaction score
MyBB are having huge amount of modules plus the support forum was awesome!

Blockis2

Banned
Reaction score
I Love phpBB3. There aren't many MODs for it yet, but there will be. You'll see. YOU'LL SEE! Sorry, lost the happy, but the happy's back!

FalseHope

Reaction score
I think phpBB3 is better. It might be new, and with less mods and skins at the moment, but that doesn't mean anything, it is a good forum software :)

Sohail

Reaction score
I prefer to use PHPbb as it's easier to use and more customizable.

Monawco

Reaction score
I suggest trying out phpBB. phpBB 3 is by far the best forum software I’ve ever used, it’s open-source so it’s free to download and use. It’s simple and doesn’t include all the “unneccessary” features you speak off. It’s minimal. Vanilla doesn’t even come close to competing with phpBB, so yeah - give it a try.
If you haven't got much time, and want to see what the new phpbb3 can offer, just try it out on this host : free forum hosting

Daniel S

Reaction score
I would say phpbb3 as mods are easy to install and you can customize it how you want and it comes built in with a html editor to edit your template files.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
phpBB, because I like the admin panel (it's better laid out than in MyBB, well it was the last time I checked).

mvd7793

Reaction score
phpBB. It has a much easier user interface and is easy to admistrate.