MySQL database history

Status
Not open for further replies.

octagonx

Reaction score
Recently I made a php file that simply generated an image with the visitors ip. Later on when this image was posted on a forum, the forum decided to ban me for "ip scraping". My php file had NO connection to any databases, but the forum does not believe me. Is someone able to provide a full history for my sql database activity, to show that nothing of the sort was put in, or deleted?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi octagonx,

Sorry, I'm afraid that we don't store those kind of logs. Due to the number of users on our server, that file would definitely grow very quickly. ;)

Thank you,

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You mean one of those annoying Sig type images that tells the viewer their IP and maybe browser, etc?
They banned you for that?
a) Tell them if you were IP scraping, you wouldn't have put it on the image. Just recorded it. Any image hosted on a hosting site can do that.
b) Even if x10 had the logs, you could have just stored the info in a regular file. Or gotten the info from the Apache access files. Very hard to prove a negative.
c) If they are that paranoid, do you really want to be part of their Forum?

octagonx

Reaction score
Hi octagonx,

Sorry, I'm afraid that we don't store those kind of logs. Due to the number of users on our server, that file would definitely grow very quickly. ;)

Thank you,
You mean one of those annoying Sig type images that tells the viewer their IP and maybe browser, etc?
They banned you for that?
a) Tell them if you were IP scraping, you wouldn't have put it on the image. Just recorded it. Any image hosted on a hosting site can do that.
b) Even if x10 had the logs, you could have just stored the info in a regular file. Or gotten the info from the Apache access files. Very hard to prove a negative.
c) If they are that paranoid, do you really want to be part of their Forum?
Thanks for the help guys.

This image here
ip.php

Status
Not open for further replies.