mysql down for almost 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajnesh

Reaction score
as of 7pm (GMT+12) last night when i first checked (no sure if this is when it first happened) the mysql has been down on my site..>> wordpress reports a DATABASE CONNECTION ERROR
and MyBB 1.4 cannot connect either

site : http://www.fijifriendster.com

i looked at http://x10staff.co.cc/status/ and it said that mysql is down on all servers...(red dot)

i dunno if this is true for all the sites but this is the first time this has happened to me (service down without warning)
as there was no server alert in the account management panel and mysql has not come back for almost a whole day now

please advise us when mysql is going to be online again

thank you

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, the firewall is configured to block all remote connections to SQL, therefore the server status script shows it as offline, Can you please confirm whether you are still having SQL issues, also please list the exact error.

rajnesh

Reaction score
ok lets backtrack

day 1 - Installed Wordpress got some basic themes and content working...

day 2 - (bout 12 hours later) tried to access site with

Error establishing a database connection

error

day - 3 bout 15 hours later im still banging my head against a wall :( hopefully the admins can find a solution...but the renovations must be hectic

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i am forwarding your issue to an admin, you should receive a reply shortly.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
This is not a problem with x10hosting. MySQL is up and running, MySQL shows as offline as it blocks external connections, which makes the scripts shows it as off.

The problem is that you haven't set-up correctly your CMS. I recommend you to read a tutorial (you can find many on google).
The host is not stoli, it's: localhost
And if you have a database that you created with the name 123, the name of the database is cPanel_123, in your case it would be: darkmew1_123. The same is for the MySQL user. You should also give permissions (all) to the MySQL user to access/modify the database. This can be done on cPanel > MySQL Databases.

rajnesh

Reaction score
This is not a problem with x10hosting. MySQL is up and running, MySQL shows as offline as it blocks external connections, which makes the scripts shows it as off.

The problem is that you haven't set-up correctly your CMS. I recommend you to read a tutorial (you can find many on google).
The host is not stoli, it's: localhost
And if you have a database that you created with the name 123, the name of the database is cPanel_123, in your case it would be: darkmew1_123. The same is for the MySQL user. You should also give permissions (all) to the MySQL user to access/modify the database. This can be done on cPanel > MySQL Databases.

i had my wordpress up and running perfectly ...

the neext day when i tried to access my site through the domain ..it said database error

a day later when hellsheep explained about the faulty status page i got desperate and changed

: localhost to -> first stoli
-> then stoli.x10hosting.com

: then database from darkmew1_xxx -> xxx

i tried all variants ...gave up and went to sleep

just to make it clear i INITIALLY did put server localhost and database darkmew1_xxx and it was working perfectly....

its not till i logged on the next day that i saw this....

im also having issues with mybb installation where the installer fails to connect to the database even if i have specifies the correct usrename (darkmew1_xxx) and database (darkmew1_xxx) and server localhost
Edit:
sorry did not mean to sound rude ...know u are only trying to help and i appreciate it
Edit:
just to be perfectly clear so that this problem whether me or x10 can be resolved

a.) sever name localhost
b.) database : created user added all previlidges assigned
c.) updated config file (database="darkmew1_xxx" user : "darkmew1_xxx"

d.) Connection error on main page....install script says either data is wrong..( i double checked or service is down)

http://www.fijifriendster.com/

http://www.fijifriendster.com/wp-admin/install.php
Edit:
any updates on this as i retire for the night ....
Edit:
i reinstalled so its working now...judt dunno for how long this time...
some more users are having the same problem...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.