MySQL Error Socket Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarc

Reaction score
Hi. I'm on Starka server and while doing maintenance on site www.k7jep.org starting about 12 hours ago I started getting the following MySQL database error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

Help is appreciated. :) Also if there are any database settings like port number that can be added to my settings.php file to help with database connection issues.

bcarc

Reaction score
Still having MySQL issues after several days. Today getting different error: The mysql error was: Access denied for user .... (using password: YES).

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Can you please try deleting your MySQL user (not the database) and then re-creating the user and attaching it to the database again with all privileges. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Jarryd

bcarc

Reaction score
Thanks Jarryd,

Got past the user access denied error. Seems the database user permissions table got trashed somehow.

Now getting back to the original MySQL connection errors. Besides the socket errors, also getting different messages including these:
user warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query....
Warning: MySQL server has gone away query:....

Currently getting these errors as I type this.

These happen a lot! Is there any database settings like port number or anything else that can be added to my site code and settings to help with database connection issues?

Thanks,
Dave - BCARC

bcarc

Reaction score
Have been getting reports from my site users of MySQL errors today. Current errors:

Warning: MySQL server has gone away query:....
user warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query....
The requested page could not be found.....

This is a frequent ongoing issue and so far no-one has come up with a answer why. This is becoming very frustrating.

Thanks,
Dave - BCARC

Status
Not open for further replies.